Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2017, 11:06 AM   #1

New user back AF button question

The K-3ii is my first DSLR camera, and I have been reading so much trying to learn. I have disabled AF1 as the program focus button and reset to back AF2 button. Love that back button focus system. However, my question is... If I auto focus with AF2, pause for a few seconds go to push the rear AF2 button to refocus... nothing, I have to first press the shutter button a little, the camera wakes up and then I can press AF2 to focus and take my next shot. Can I disable this delay in the menu system? Thanks for helping a newbie, Bill

04-05-2017, 11:19 AM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by blb511 Quote
The K-3ii is my first DSLR camera, and I have been reading so much trying to learn. I have disabled AF1 as the program focus button and reset to back AF2 button. Love that back button focus system. However, my question is... If I auto focus with AF2, pause for a few seconds go to push the rear AF2 button to refocus... nothing, I have to first press the shutter button a little, the camera wakes up and then I can press AF2 to focus and take my next shot. Can I disable this delay in the menu system? Thanks for helping a newbie, Bill
You can change the time the camera stays awake.
04-05-2017, 11:21 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
hello blb511

You can increase the auto power off setting from 1min. to 30min. and off

wrench page 3
04-05-2017, 05:45 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
You can change the time the camera stays awake.
Thanks for the post. Can you tell me where to look in the K-3ii menu? The camera is not powering off, it's just not responding to my refocus attempt. Again thanks for the info.

04-06-2017, 05:08 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Are you focusing on the same subject? Once you press the AF2 button and take your finger off it the focus will lock but image stabilization should stay on. This allows you to recompose without losing focus on the subject/depth of field or change your exposure settings locking them using the Ael button. Slightly pressing the shutter button should release the focus lock. If your focusing on a different subject then pressing the AF2 should refocus if it is a different distance.

Last edited by Oldbayrunner; 04-06-2017 at 05:15 AM.
04-06-2017, 07:56 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks! Very useful info. I appreciate your time, Bill