Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2017, 10:51 AM   #1

Problems with K-3 II / Flucard Tether

I've got a new K-3 II and Flucard and have been having problems getting a proper connection.
I have successfully created my Flucard network and changed the password/key. The browser window appears, along with all of the controls that show the K-3's current aperture, shutter speed, etc.
However, I don't seem to be able to connect with the K-3's live view - the browser screen remains a solid grey & will not show the live view.
Anybody out there have any ideas as to why this is happening? Any help is appreciated.

04-21-2017, 11:07 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is the card in SD2?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-21-2017, 11:57 AM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Also make sure you have the latest Flucard firmware update. I feel it helped stability with my Flucard on my K3II.

Just checked the Pentax USA site, and it looks like you have to go to the Japanese site to get it:

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/digital/ofc1_s.html
04-21-2017, 12:25 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by jones4783 Quote
I've got a new K-3 II and Flucard and have been having problems getting a proper connection.
I have successfully created my Flucard network and changed the password/key. The browser window appears, along with all of the controls that show the K-3's current aperture, shutter speed, etc.
However, I don't seem to be able to connect with the K-3's live view - the browser screen remains a solid grey & will not show the live view.
Anybody out there have any ideas as to why this is happening? Any help is appreciated.
First, make sure you have enabled Live View through the browser screen-it's the tiny, far from obvious, LV icon on the bottom left. Also, if the browser screen is too big parts of the page disappear. You may have to play with the size to show everything properly.

05-22-2017, 10:39 PM   #5

I also cannot get live view to work with latest FW on any browser.. with my K3ii on latest FW. I keep getting Javascript errors. It will do everything else though, just no LV.

It worked fine the last time I used last august..

Anyone found a fix?
05-23-2017, 12:37 PM   #6

OK, another thread mentions to ensure "composition adjustment" is disabled.

This FIXED the live view in my case just FYI.
05-23-2017, 05:46 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mmbodnar Quote

Good to hear.
05-27-2017, 03:36 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mmbodnar Quote

Thanks for this reply - it solved the problem! I don't think I ever would have figured it our on my own.
Thanks again!