Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2017, 04:31 PM   #61
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So, the K-3 doesn't have three settings for the switch?

On newer models, like my K-30 and K-50 the switch can be moved to AF.S or C (which means AF.C, and MF.

My K-x only has AF and MF.

05-11-2017, 04:51 PM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
On the K-3, the switch is AF, but the display is MF when you have an MF lens attached.
That is correct, but I just tested this on my wife's K-3 and it does not work. As far as I can tell our cameras are set up identically. But it works with the K-3ii and K-1 but not the K-3 and earlier.

So I will guess that one of the changes made at the release of the K-3ii was to change this behavior. People have been requesting it since the k-x was new so I'm surprised Ricoh would make the change and no one noticed. Unless it was a recent firmware change.

---------- Post added 05-11-17 at 04:55 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
n newer models, like my K-30 and K-50 the switch can be moved to AF.S or C (which means AF.C, and MF.
K-3, K-3ii and K-1 have only AF and MF on the lever and then an AF Mode button above the lever that lets you select AF.S, AF.C and AF.A using the front wheel.
05-11-2017, 07:50 PM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
confusing........
05-12-2017, 08:42 AM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by donlass Quote
confusing........
How so?

06-01-2017, 02:42 AM   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by johnyates Quote
Works fine for me with the K-5.

Note - to use screw mount lenses, you need to short out the camera contacts to get CIF to work.
this was the answer i needed
06-01-2017, 03:44 AM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by niceshot Quote
this was the answer i needed
Cut out shim from soda can...very thin

06-01-2017, 10:56 AM   #67
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
There's so much confusion about how to make this work. I really wish on new cameras Ricoh would make it a really clear option, either in the af/mf control on the camera body, or through a menu setting.

aGREE... I'm surprised they did not solve that already... I was in that ship too... Very hard to get this right specially when you have different lens... This option is almost not usable ...

06-03-2017, 06:01 AM   #68
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
Cut out shim from soda can...very thin
A shim will affect infinity focus, besides there is a simple way to make your camera body think all mounted lenses have an 'A' contact. The link below is to an old post for a K-r, but it works exactly the same way on my K-30 and K-3-
Short the 'A' contact

If your K-3 doesn't give you an aperture range wide enough to cover the actual range of the lens, you might need to go the next step and artificially set your lens' aperture range-
Set the M or K lens aperture range

I did the above as a method for using inexpensive extension tubes that don't carry the lens aperture coding back to the body, but I've also used it when directly mounting a K lens to my camera.
06-03-2017, 06:42 AM   #69
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
A shim will affect infinity focus
I'm sure you've tried it. My Tak 55 1.8, Cunor 200 4.5, Cunor 400, Yashinon 50 1.7 etc must be defective, because they don't agree with your assessment