Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2017, 10:12 AM - 1 Like   #31
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
But your low shutter speed ruined your shot, Angelo - you were better off doing extra noise processing in PP than getting motion blur.

In the shot below, I did the same mistake as you. Notice her leg and tattoos are sharp, but the head that was rotating as part of the routine is not.

I should have shot at 1/500s or 1/1000s, and gone to ISO 1600 or ISO 3200.
Thanks I get it, was attempting not to go above ISO 1200 to avoid noise. Guess the noise wont matter if I didn't get the shot. Definitely going to have a go at it again. Thanks for your advice.

04-19-2021, 10:17 AM - 1 Like   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boydbowlin Quote
Hi Adsouza ,
I use the back button on my K3II like this . Moving subjects : hold the back focus button on continuously while tracking the subject and either pressing the shutter release selectively or hold on while capturing the subject . If it is something like a bird moving in a tree , i hold the back focus button continuously on and fire shots with the shutter selectively while the subject is moving but if the bird stops moving i release the back focus button momentarily while using the shutter button to get the shot . A bit trickey to get used to but it will become easier with practice . The theory here is the camera is not trying to find contusion focus on the bird when the bird stops moving and therefore less moving actions which could soften the image via motion blur . I have done this sort of focusing for many years and believe it is the only way to go with moving wildlife photography . You must be set in continuous focus mode with rear focus button activated and have the shutter set up release only [ no focus ]on the shutter button .
Regards Anthony .
Just found this thread by accident and wanted to know the answer. I've been using back button focusing for a while now and love it. I wouldn't go back to the shutter button way. But I was curious as to the best way to shoot moving subjects and whether to hold the back button down continuously. So thanks, Anthony, for your explanation! I'll try it out.