Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-23-2017, 06:07 AM   #1

Operation guide box on Status Screen query

Hi, I'm new to the Forum and still relatively new to my K-3, so still feeling my way around the settings.. I was sure that when adjusting EV-compensation (by operating the rear dial), this showed as a +/- numerical digit in the Operation guide box in the bottom right corner of the Status screen. If this is true, then very recently this has packed up on my K-3 as this box now just displays the Green button symbol with '+/-0EV' alongside. I can't quite trust my memory on this as I've not that long had the camera. Can anyone help? PS: EV-compensation adjustments still show as a numeral in both the viewfinder and on the LCD panel. Many thanks, Mike W

06-23-2017, 07:06 AM   #2

Hi, MWaite. Welcome to the forum.

No, there's no EV value shown in the lower right corner of the LCD screen. The symbol you see there only shows up when you press/hold the +/- button located near the shutter release. The EV value shows on the scale at the upper right of the LCD screen. Also, the numerical value shows up on the upper display while you hold down the +/- button; you'll also see the +/- symbol in the upper display if you have set the EV to something other than zero.
06-23-2017, 07:24 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by West Penn Quote
Hi, MWaite. Welcome to the forum.

No, there's no EV value shown in the lower right corner of the LCD screen. The symbol you see there only shows up when you press/hold the +/- button located near the shutter release. The EV value shows on the scale at the upper right of the LCD screen. Also, the numerical value shows up on the upper display while you hold down the +/- button; you'll also see the +/- symbol in the upper display if you have set the EV to something other than zero.
Hi West Penn, Thanks for this prompt reply and confirmation. Not sure how I confused myself there. Just to be clear - when you say in your first line/second sentence; "..the symbol you see there", you are referring to the symbol I describe as "the Green button with +/- alongside" right?
06-23-2017, 07:47 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The green button icon with the +/-0EV shows up while adjusting the EV indicate that you can press the green button to reset to 0EV.

Because of this thread, I've just discovered that I can hold the EV adjust button and adjust with the rear wheel and release, returning to where I was, instead of pressing EV adjust, moving the rear wheel, then pressing EV adjust again! Who knew?