Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2017, 04:28 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
FLU Card remote Live View display . . .

. . . & failure thereof. All functions thru iPhone except seeing through the viewfinder. I have newest card update. Any setting on camera prevents (I think not). ???

11-18-2017, 05:19 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try using chrome, if you haven't already.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-18-2017, 06:21 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Marktax Quote
. . . & failure thereof. All functions thru iPhone except seeing through the viewfinder. I have newest card update. Any setting on camera prevents (I think not). ???
I use Flucard on my iPhone through Safari and it only works through live view. I have never found it to work through the view Finder and I dont think there is any way to work it through the View Finder. My android units and lap top (Windows) work through Chrome only in Live View. Both of them allow you to adjust shutter & aperture etc if held vertically . If you hold them horizontily they limit you to shutter release and focus I beleive.
11-18-2017, 09:33 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Check if Composition Adjust is enabled. It needs to be off.

11-19-2017, 02:42 AM   #5

11-19-2017, 08:36 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On my Lap top (Windows/ chrome) I found I have to reduce the size of my screen image to be able to use all the adjustments otherwise you're limited to focus and shutter.
Tested my new Computer with Windows 10 and can only get to Shutter & focus. reducing screen size doesn't help. Change to portrait from landscape works but have to turn computer verticle now very cumbersome.

Last edited by honey bo bo; 11-19-2017 at 11:29 AM. Reason: new info
11-19-2017, 12:14 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by honey bo bo Quote
I use Flucard on my iPhone through Safari and it only works through live view. I have never found it to work through the view Finder and I dont think there is any way to work it through the View Finder. My android units and lap top (Windows) work through Chrome only in Live View. Both of them allow you to adjust shutter & aperture etc if held vertically . If you hold them horizontily they limit you to shutter release and focus I beleive.
Honey Bo Bo:

Exactly what do you have to do to set this up? I am not sure I understand how you access through Safari. Does the Flucard have an IP address you access?

I would like to use my iPad when focusing a macro - currently using the live view with the magnification turned on. Viewing on the iPad would make life a lot easier.

Many thanks
11-19-2017, 12:54 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Since the Flucard creates its own wireless network you can access from most any browser. Instructions about the connection are supplied with the card. I set up a link to the Pentax flucard in Safari and just keep it on my desktop.

For the OP Marktax:

You can turn off live view and just use the viewfinder. Look on lower left of the display and you will see LV. Click on this to turn live view off.The flucard access than allows you to change settings and shutter release while using the viewfinder rather than live view.

Attached Images

Last edited by Pentax Syntax; 11-19-2017 at 12:59 PM.
11-19-2017, 03:12 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote
Honey Bo Bo:

Exactly what do you have to do to set this up? I am not sure I understand how you access through Safari. Does the Flucard have an IP address you access?

I would like to use my iPad when focusing a macro - currently using the live view with the magnification turned on. Viewing on the iPad would make life a lot easier.

Many thanks
The preceding U-tube video is very good just use Safari browser instead of chrome on your Ipad to set up . He is using chrome on his desk top I believe which will not work on Ipad or Iphone. I don't think you will be able to use magnification with flucard. Dont forget to use Ipad & Iphone in portrait or verticle to be able to do all the change functions. You can change from Live View to Viewfinder and functions will work but in viewfinder you will not be able to see the picture. So I don't know what use that would be. If you use either of them Horizontily or in landscape they will only allow you to use focus and shutter function
11-19-2017, 05:20 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

after reading this thread I put my flue card into my K3 and tried a variety of browsers and machines. With windows 10 and Chrome I connected could see a live view would not focus or snap a picture but I could press the shut
ter on the camera and it would show the picture on the computer screen.
Next I tried the same setup with Firefox with the same results.
Next same setup with windows edge. Could not see live view on screen but could focus and take pictures by aiming blindly . Picture taken would show on screen.
Next with Asus tablet and android 7.0 Everything worked first time focus all controls and very fast capture no drop outs
Next tried with LG phone and Android 6.01 again everything worked fine

I never used the flue card much because it was so unreliable with windows now seeing how good it works with android it will get more use.
Hank
11-19-2017, 06:10 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by oneeyedhawk Quote
I never used the flue card much because it was so unreliable with windows now seeing how good it works with android it will get more use.
Hank
Yes with anything using Android and windows it works fine with Chrome but with Apple phone & tablet you have to use Safari to work properly. And don't forget to set as your wireless connect each time you use it. Something I always forget to do and take about 10 minutes wondering why it won't work.

---------- Post added 11-19-17 at 08:32 PM ----------

I have 2 Point & Shoot cameras that have their own App for remote shooting on phones ,pads and lap tops. They don't use a browser like the flucard and I think are much more reliable . Both even let you zoom on the wireless which I use in Video all the time .
Fujifilm Finepix S1 (Bridge Camera) and a Olympus SH-1 (Compact P&S)

Last edited by honey bo bo; 11-19-2017 at 06:17 PM.
11-20-2017, 06:56 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
Check if Composition Adjust is enabled. It needs to be off.
JBINPG above had the correct answer. I should have said that the view has been visible before thru my phone, but that has been when apparently I had Composition Adjust OFF. Normally I leave that ON. Turning all Live View options OFF at top of K-3 menu page 3 top line apparently restores the send to the phone. I am using Safari.

Thanks, all, especially JBINPG. Mark

BTW, I have a gallery showing called Peaceably To Assemble at Corner Store Arts in DC, if anyone lives nearby. All shot with my K-3. Gallery hours are 3:30-6pm M-W, Thur. closed, Friday 11-5pm.