Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-10-2018, 12:41 PM   #1
Forum Member

K3ii live view crash/freeze

Was shooting some real estate interior today, live view, on tripod, 5 shot bracketing, fully charged OEM battery, IR remote, Av mode, Sigma lens.

Upon taking a bracket and moving positions I noticed the screen was still displaying the instant review of the prior shot (set to only 1 second). I hit the shot review button thinking I hit it by accident. It did nothing. I then hit the live view button, which after a couple presses returned the live view, now with no information on the screen, just a bare video feed. Hitting it more times I couldn't get this empty live view to go away. I figured at this point it was time for a restart. I switched the camera off, which blacked out the rear LCD but the top LCD remained on. Switching on and off made no difference now, the camera was stuck partially on. I popped the battery, restarted, and the camera functioned normally the rest of the shoot.

The serial number is not included in the recall range. It's a mid 2015 model with about 22k actuations.

I saw some other threads on random freeze issues with the early K3s but nothing recent. Does this camera need to go back to Adorama while it's within the return window?

01-10-2018, 12:52 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I assume that you have the latest firmware V 1:21?
01-10-2018, 12:54 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
I think 1.1 was the most recent I found for the K3ii. The K3 had higher versions.
01-10-2018, 12:58 PM - 1 Like   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Probably just a one-time thing, but if it happens again within a short time frame I would exchange it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-10-2018, 01:25 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
My concern is that if it happens again two weeks from now I'll be outside the exchange period.
01-10-2018, 01:39 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Did you complete the 5 bracketed exposures ?
01-10-2018, 06:20 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yes the exposures worked and wrote to the card.