Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2018, 11:43 PM   #1

Any suggestion? Save two jpg file sizes on a K3II

Yes I know about Raw+ option.
What I'm trying to do is save a sm jpg file to my WyFy card in slot #2 to transfer to an iPad (as fast as posable for review)
But save a larger file to to a high speed card in slot #1.
I would like to avoid the Raw+ because of the need for on site printing. (Very high volume in a very short time frame) Most photos are printed without editing but sometime we have a requests for poster size prints that the smaller size files will not do for. (Most sales are of 5x7 or 8x10's)
Looking forward ward to any suggestions.
Sencerly
PHOTOBILL

02-27-2018, 11:51 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Something like that isn't supported. But, what you could do is shoot in raw+, use the small jpeg on the tablet as you describe, and just develop the raw file in camera when you need to print it (default settings will yield the same result as if the camera has originally output a jpeg).

Alternatively, pick up the KP to replace the K-3 and use Image Transmitter 2 for USB tethering, which will yield faster transfers.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-28-2018, 12:35 PM   #3

Original Poster
Mmmmm can you please expand on the Kp Adam?