Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2018, 01:15 PM   #1

K-3 and video

When recording video on a K-3, does it have the ability to span both card slots? My guess is that it probably does not do this for continuous shooting and would likely end the clip when the card gets full. Does the next video then start writing to the second card slot (assuming there is space available)? Just trying to plan out a recording for video and can't say that I know how the camera behaves.

The other option is to use the intervalometer to attempt to capture the video in a time-lapse fashion. I do know that this method can fill one card then the next.

03-02-2018, 01:17 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by disord3r Quote
When recording video on a K-3, does it have the ability to span both card slots? My guess is that it probably does not do this for continuous shooting and would likely end the clip when the card gets full. Does the next video then start writing to the second card slot (assuming there is space available)? Just trying to plan out a recording for video and can't say that I know how the camera behaves.

The other option is to use the intervalometer to attempt to capture the video in a time-lapse fashion. I do know that this method can fill one card then the next.
There is a menu setting that allows you to choose the card to which video files will be stored. AFAIK there is no automation involved (i.e. if the active card were to fill up, you'd just get an error message).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: