Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2018, 02:34 AM   #541
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's almost June....No new lenses, no new cameras, no any serious news...Even DFA*50/1.4 and DA*11-18 are still in hibernation

05-24-2018, 03:07 AM - 2 Likes   #542
Pentaxian

You know, in the Northern hemisphere summer begins on the 21st of June, not before.
05-24-2018, 03:23 AM   #543
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Summer is early this year. July and August will probably be more like autumn
05-24-2018, 03:59 AM   #544
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
You know, in the Northern hemisphere summer begins on the 21st of June, not before.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

05-24-2018, 04:29 AM - 9 Likes   #545
Pentaxian

I sometimes wonder how this seemingly overwhelming urge to desperately wait for new product announcements connects to photography. At all.
Then I start thinking maybe it should be put in a subforum of it's own called "product advertisement junkies' paradise".
But then I wonder if that wouldn't be better fitting to a social or psychological support forum.

One could also wonder if the time spent on discussing these personal issues might be invested in just getting better in photography. But I know this would be an extreme thought.
Especially in spring and summertime. Going outside? Taking images? Naah.
05-24-2018, 05:01 AM   #546

Successor of a K-3 II is planned for 2019, not before.
05-24-2018, 05:38 AM - 1 Like   #547
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
I sometimes wonder how this seemingly overwhelming urge to desperately wait for new product announcements connects to photography. At all.
I can’t speak for others, but I would be absolutely thrilled for a 2 stops ISO improvement and a1 stop SR improvement. It would help out my low light work immensely so I could go to f4 and have some DOF for indoor events.

The 11-18 is exciting for me because I’m not thrilled with my Sigma 8-16 (range is wrong for me, IQ is great) and I’m hoping the 11-18 is better than the Sigma 10-20. It’s a bit faster too.

2 stops ISO improvement and an f2.8 UWA would really improve astro a lot, and it’s very exciting proposition for me.

05-24-2018, 09:56 AM - 2 Likes   #548
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One could also wonder if the time spent on discussing these personal issues might be invested in just getting better in photography.
+10. No possible new gear will improve anyone's photography as much as using the time wasted here whining about new gear to actually practice photography.
05-24-2018, 10:22 AM - 4 Likes   #549
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Then I start thinking maybe it should be put in a subforum of it's own called "product advertisement junkies' paradise".
But then I wonder if that wouldn't be better fitting to a social or psychological support forum.

One could also wonder if the time spent on discussing these personal issues might be invested in just getting better in photography. But I know this would be an extreme thought.
Especially in spring and summertime. Going outside? Taking images? Naah.
This post wins the award for Post Of The Day.

No, wait, Post Of The Century.
05-24-2018, 10:57 AM - 2 Likes   #550
Pentaxian

I'm still shooting my K-50 bodies, especially right now in the spring, as I patiently wait for that K-3II replacement. I hope they make the wait worth it.
05-24-2018, 10:57 AM - 1 Like   #551
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I do wonder what percentage of the people complaining about the lack of products (DFA 50, DFA 85, etc) actually end up buying them when they are released. Personally, I don't have money for new glass or camera bodies right now and so I'll be waiting for the fall regardless of what new gear is released.

Fortunately, I guess, my current cameras do continue to take photos, although I'm sure the quality would improve dramatically if I just had some new gear...
05-24-2018, 12:14 PM - 3 Likes   #552
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I couldn't agree more.

On top of that, we have a (thankfully small) few who seem to take perverse pleasure in heralding the lack of - or delays to - product releases, the areas in which they believe Pentax is lacking, and any piece of corporate or financial news which suggests Ricoh Imaging might not be doing as well as previously. You can almost sense their glee when posting about these things. I've never quite understood that on a Pentax enthusiast website... It has to be bitterness, gloating and / or attention seeking. Possibly all three...

Last edited by BigMackCam; 05-24-2018 at 01:09 PM.
05-24-2018, 02:22 PM   #553
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
2 stops ISO improvement and an f2.8 UWA would really improve astro a lot, and it’s very exciting proposition for me.
Congratulations, you just invented the "wishful proposition". (Sorry, couldn’t resist...)
05-25-2018, 02:56 AM   #554
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
I can’t speak for others, but I would be absolutely thrilled for a 2 stops ISO improvement and a1 stop SR improvement. It would help out my low light work immensely so I could go to f4 and have some DOF for indoor events.

The 11-18 is exciting for me because I’m not thrilled with my Sigma 8-16 (range is wrong for me, IQ is great) and I’m hoping the 11-18 is better than the Sigma 10-20. It’s a bit faster too.

I don't see any two stops improvement. Based on the cameras with the accelerator chip, maybe a stop improvement in ISO. Not sure as well about the whole SR thing. Certainly Pentax has improved SR since they can stabilize a K-1 sensor at 1/2 second hand holding, but not sure if that translates to better SR with an APS-C sensor.

I would expect the 11-16 to be better than the Sigma, both with regard to speed and sharpness/contrast.
05-25-2018, 04:05 AM - 2 Likes   #555
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Over 37 pages and more than 350 posts, lots of whining about ISO, resolution and new lenses.

But not one mention of rendering.

Yes, rendering. Hop on over to the K10D thread and check out the excellent images people are posting there, using 12 year old cameras, and often even older film lenses.

Awesome stuff.