Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2018, 09:25 AM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The KP was a surprise - and that means that Ricoh aren't doing exactly what we tell them to - at best, they're interpreting what people say they want in their own way. This is a totally unacceptable way to run a business.

()

03-04-2018, 09:28 AM   #77
Keebler

Thanks for the info Adam.

Does anyone wonder if the next K3 successor will be mirrorless?

It certainly seems that Sony 'dropped the mic' on the camera world with its A7III recent announcement.
The features for the price point make it a very compelling choice - for example: 693 focus points, supposedly wicked fast AF and 8 fps for uncompressed raw = WOW! Yes, I know the lens are expensive. Image IQ looks pretty damn good too.

I have to think that Ricoh saw that release from Sony and hopefully will release a mirrorless equivalent.

Hoping there is more news in the next few months. I'm getting itchy to upgrade and it's been 2 or 3 years since the K3 II.

Cheers,
Brian
03-04-2018, 09:28 AM   #78
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Hmmmmm, Last time I checked the current date was the 03/03/2018 and 2019 follows 2018 so that makes the possible date less than a year away. Good grief people bitch when they think a replacement isn't coming out then they bitch when they get answers as to when it will come out. There is just no pleasing some folks!!

Larry
You have to admit that dropping the K3 with no replacement in sight isn’t exactly a smooth model transition. I see the noise as being healthy, as it means that there is a vocal market wanting a higher quality APS-C camera. What would be disturbing is a ho hum attitude from a complacent user base saying “no big deal, we are happy with old design equipment, and don’t care that all you are selling is cheap plastic. Don’t worry that you are seemingly abandoning your customers, we are content as the world moves past us at an increasing pace”
It’s noise from the user base that spurs companies to bring new stuff to the market.
03-04-2018, 09:28 AM   #79
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
I find it difficult to see how the KP, given its shortcomings in relation to the K3, could ever be considered a flagship replacement.

Pentax/Ricoh never said it was.

03-04-2018, 09:31 AM - 1 Like   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Albermarle Quote
With all due respect, this new camera they have recently started work on is a KP replacement/upgrade. When you can only work on one high end camera at one time just say so. It doesn't matter if you call it KP or K3? It is the only high end camera that can be produced in the succession.
Pentax absolutely need to pull a rabbit out of the hat though (cough, Fuji X-H1,cough). When Pentax bough tout their previous aps-c flagships they were top of the game. That seems a a way of now.
You seem to be in the "know" ?
Tells us more!
03-04-2018, 09:34 AM - 1 Like   #81
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
At clearance prices, yes.

For those who have been holding out clearance prices are good.
03-04-2018, 09:39 AM   #82
Pentaxian

Clearance prices means they want to get rid of the old stocks, not to make more of it.

03-04-2018, 09:40 AM - 1 Like   #83
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Trolls, and delusional folks who haven’t paid the least bit of attention to what Pentax is and have done. If you want a groundbreaking mirrorless camera, buy a Fuji or Sony.

QuoteOriginally posted by Keebler Quote

Does anyone wonder if the next K3 successor will be mirrorless?

It certainly seems that Sony 'dropped the mic' on the camera world with its A7III recent announcement.

I have to think that Ricoh saw that release from Sony and hopefully will release a mirrorless equivalent.

Hoping there is more news in the next few months. I'm getting itchy to upgrade and it's been 2 or 3 years since the K3 II.

Cheers,
Brian
03-04-2018, 10:13 AM - 5 Likes   #84
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
A mirrorless will by definition not be K-3 replacement.
03-04-2018, 10:14 AM   #85
Keebler

Seriously? I was asking whether or not anyone believes Pentax will come out with a mirrorless.

Hard to believe anyone could deny that Sony's new announcement doesn't rock the DSLR camera world.
The gap of how a DSLR could out perform a mirrorless just shrunk significantly. The writing is on the wall.

I take offense to the troll comment. Perhaps another angle to my comment/hope is that I believe in what Pentax is doing and I think if anyone can rival the A7 III, it could be Pentax.
But just because I believe in the company, doesn't mean I require blinders to what is happening in the industry.

But carry on with the uppity attitude.

Cheers,
Brian
03-04-2018, 10:19 AM   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Seriously? I was asking whether or not anyone believes Pentax will come out with a mirrorless.

Hard to believe anyone could deny that Sony's new announcement doesn't rock the DSLR camera world.
The gap of how a DSLR could out perform a mirrorless just shrunk significantly. The writing is on the wall.

I take offense to the troll comment. Perhaps another angle to my comment/hope is that I believe in what Pentax is doing and I think if anyone can rival the A7 III, it could be Pentax.
But just because I believe in the company, doesn't mean I require blinders to what is happening in the industry.

But carry on with the uppity attitude.

Cheers,
Brian
Bye...
03-04-2018, 10:21 AM - 1 Like   #87
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

I deny it.
03-04-2018, 10:22 AM - 3 Likes   #88
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

OK folks, let's stay friendly and respectful, please. We can disagree and still be respectful...

Thanks
03-04-2018, 10:23 AM   #89
Veteran Member

Mirrorless by definition is NOT a DSLR. The logic of moving away from your base strengths is ludicrous.
03-04-2018, 10:27 AM - 1 Like   #90
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Easy folks.

This is not a discussion of the possibility of a Pentax mirrorless camera.

This is not a discussion that should generate disagreement.

This is not a discussion that should increase the size of your ignore list.

Be friendly.

Be courteous.

Be polite.

Be respectful.

I got my eye on you.................