Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
05-04-2018, 04:10 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Well, now I have! Was there a gap in the file numbering sequence?

Steve
Truth be told, i kind of ignored the small glitch because it was a one time thing, it was could outside and probably was using a cheap battery.

When i get home i will take a look at the photos from that day and see if there a gap in the sequence.

05-06-2018, 11:48 AM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Well, now I have! Was there a gap in the file numbering sequence?

Steve
Just checked and there is no gap in the sequence numbering.
05-09-2018, 12:21 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery
My k5 does it every time I put a fresh charged battery in.Now have a k311 and so far no problems
05-29-2018, 06:51 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello,
I use my K-3ii very rarely and last weekend it happened again this mirror runaway issue.
It happened twice approx 2 years ago. But my camera was on stand by in the last year.

05-29-2018, 11:28 AM   #20
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OvidiuRoSb Quote
Hello,
I use my K-3ii very rarely and last weekend it happened again this mirror runaway issue.
It happened twice approx 2 years ago. But my camera was on stand by in the last year.
Was that the mirror activity on half-press from three years ago when the camera was only a few weeks old?

Pentax K-3 II issue - PentaxForums.com

Steve
05-29-2018, 11:33 AM   #21
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
Then it would be a different issue than what I had with the K3. Good to know, thanks.

Chris
Did you ever get this problem ironed out with either the dealer or Ricoh? On a brand new camera, I would have thought that a replacement from dealer stock would have been in order.

Steve
05-29-2018, 11:42 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Was that the mirror activity on half-press from three years ago when the camera was only a few weeks old?

Pentax K-3 II issue - PentaxForums.com

Steve
Yes. Same behavior of the mirror. But now I took shot after shot and the next one was the faulty mirror flipping. It stops and I continued to take shots.

05-30-2018, 07:39 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Did you ever get this problem ironed out with either the dealer or Ricoh? On a brand new camera, I would have thought that a replacement from dealer stock would have been in order.

Steve
I chose to keep the camera and wait if it returns, but so far, no.
I did have the camera lock up once or twice, refusing to AF at all, but simply turning off and on again solved that. No critical crashes like with the K3 (having to take the battery out and fiddle until it returned to life).
I realized that the K3II is actually getting to be a pretty "old" camera even if I bought it brandnew. Newer and coming models won't likely have these problems. (the KP did not).
I'll be happy if I can shoot the K3II for a few years, and am not as critical as I was when I bought the original K3 4,5 years ago.
Of course if the mirror flapping returns more often, I'll take it to the store...

Chris
06-14-2018, 12:19 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry to hear about the flapping with various K-3IIs out there - it’s never happened to my 2-year-old body (I rotate the OEM battery and three independents) nor have I had any unexpected lockups. I’ve been using firmware v1.10 since it was released.
06-29-2018, 06:07 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by microlight Quote
Sorry to hear about the flapping with various K-3IIs out there - it’s never happened to my 2-year-old body (I rotate the OEM battery and three independents) nor have I had any unexpected lockups. I’ve been using firmware v1.10 since it was released.
The only time I've ever had the runaway mirror issue is when 3rd party batteries were almost depleted (1 bar left on the display).
I've stopped using those batteries (replaced them with others) and haven't had an issue again in months.
01-26-2020, 02:10 AM   #26
Pentaxian

I experienced it again today. My first experience was about 3 years ago. Bit this time seem different. I had to turn the camera off and it still flapped a couple of times before stopping. I have updated the software with the one that includes the use of KAF4 lenses. Anyone got ideas how to address this?
01-26-2020, 02:21 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Propably hope it does not occour for the next three years.
If you are at latest firmware and use propper batteries, you do everything that is know to help.
01-26-2020, 02:46 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry to hear that this is still an issue for some. Update on post #24, I’ve now had my K-3II for more than four years, still routinely rotated with OEM and third party batteries as previously, with no issues at all.
01-26-2020, 09:16 PM   #29
Pentaxian

I don't know if it had something to do with GPS. By the way it was also a hot day and on continuous mode. I've always shot on continuous mode at high frames per second with no issues before. My first experience was shooting on single mode but, when I released the shutter button it stopped. I don't know what went wrong. I wish Ricoh with come up with an answer.