Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2018, 06:35 PM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I put mine into service again. I can answer any questions about using it with the k3.

Yes you can see live at lower resolution.

Yes you can control the settings within the limits of the mode you are in. Av for example won't give direct shutter speed control but TAv will.

Yes you can download jpg.

I don't think you can get raw.

No external Wi-Fi is needed. Self contained.

No auto push.

Browsing is slow. See all in thumbnails, pick, click, back out using app navigation. Don't make a mistake and hit browser back button. Sigh.

Very clunky. Sadly it works better than my no longer working eyefi mobi. I liked the auto push options it had.

08-25-2018, 09:05 PM   #17
Forum Member

I'll add one more to UncleVanya's comment. The flucard I had would get warm when the K-3 was on. If you dig deep enough here on the forums there was at least one other individual who complained about their card getting hot. Considering a normal SD card stays pretty close to ambient temp, this always concerned me about potential write errors during capture on the flucard. As such it may not be a bad idea to write to both SD slots.

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I put mine into service again. I can answer any questions about using it with the k3.

Yes you can see live at lower resolution.

Yes you can control the settings within the limits of the mode you are in. Av for example won't give direct shutter speed control but TAv will.

Yes you can download jpg.

I don't think you can get raw.

No external Wi-Fi is needed. Self contained.

No auto push.

Browsing is slow. See all in thumbnails, pick, click, back out using app navigation. Don't make a mistake and hit browser back button. Sigh.

Very clunky. Sadly it works better than my no longer working eyefi mobi. I liked the auto push options it had.
11-30-2019, 04:15 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I bought the k-3 flu card and this is my error, can anyone help please
Attached Images