Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2018, 05:41 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jddwoods Quote
Abes of Maine was once located in Brooklyn, NY back when I lived there. I went into their store and wasn't impressed with their staff sales tactics, but that was about 15 years ago. I looked at their website back in 2014 when I was shopping for a K-3 and noticed they were located in New Jersey. I do not know where they are now. I decided to play it safe and bought my K-3 from Adorama. Since then I have split my purchases fairly evenly between Adorama & B&H. If either of them have the K-3 ii at a fair price, I would stick with them.
B&H is out and lists the camera as discontinued; they're unlikely to get any more. Adorama still shows them in stock, but I question for how much longer.

Like you I alternate purchases between Adorama and B&H, and I'm happy with both. Although I do have to question Adorama's shipping methods, I recently ordered a memory card and tracking shows it in a post office 230 miles from where I live, even though it was already in a UPS office 20 miles from my house 2 days ago.

08-25-2018, 05:47 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dubyam Quote
I haven't done business with them, and if they're not legit, please say so.
Abe's is a legitimate vendor but their sales tactics and "bait & switch" advertising are not something I will EVER deal with again. Once was enough. But if the price is great and you have a thick skin give it a shot. But I'll bet when you call the price changes.......
08-25-2018, 08:13 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mark Ransom Quote
B&H is out and lists the camera as discontinued; they're unlikely to get any more. Adorama still shows them in stock, but I question for how much longer.

Like you I alternate purchases between Adorama and B&H, and I'm happy with both. Although I do have to question Adorama's shipping methods, I recently ordered a memory card and tracking shows it in a post office 230 miles from where I live, even though it was already in a UPS office 20 miles from my house 2 days ago.
Update: the tracking actually at one point admitted that the package was sent to the wrong post office. And even in spite of that, it was delivered on the promised day. All's well that ends well.
08-27-2018, 06:20 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Best not to hesitate when you still want to get a K-3II, esp at the current prices. stocks are getting low it seems... I got me a second K-3II body a few months ago during discount action of a Belgian electronics store that wavered the VAT. Paid about the same price in €.

OTOH, a local B&M store still has a few K-3's in stock that it got from the local distributor. They regularly buy last stock from the distributor's warehouse. I got a cheap as-good-as-new demo copy of the HD35/2.8 macro that way. they do have a hard time selling the K-3's though. A sales guy told me they kinda regret having taken them over...

Wim