Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2018, 10:42 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well the solution on your K3 is to use the green button to stop-down meter. It is one press of the green button. Seems a better solution to a strip of foil and using the EC dial.

09-29-2018, 11:13 AM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
Well the solution on your K3 is to use the green button to stop-down meter. It is one press of the green button. Seems a better solution to a strip of foil and using the EC dial.
Well, that worked as well on the K30. But my nose is in the way when trying to press the green button when using the viewfinder :--) Seems I have to get the DA 50mm after all :-D
09-29-2018, 01:10 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With all my Pentax DSLRs the result of a green button measurement in M mode will stay valid. If you take several pictures in a row with unchanged light conditions you need to press the green button only prior to the first shot.

And if the light changes a bit and you have the feel (and some experience), you can slightly modify either exposure time or aperture with the wheels. Again no green button measurement needed.

In many situations this behaviour can speed up your workflow considerably.
09-29-2018, 03:45 PM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RKKS08 Quote
With all my Pentax DSLRs the result of a green button measurement in M mode will stay valid. If you take several pictures in a row with unchanged light conditions you need to press the green button only prior to the first shot.

And if the light changes a bit and you have the feel (and some experience), you can slightly modify either exposure time or aperture with the wheels. Again no green button measurement needed.

In many situations this behaviour can speed up your workflow considerably.
What they said ^ ^ ^

While much is made of real-time exposure control, the need is overstated for most subjects. There is not much call to change the settings once an appropriate exposure is determined. Back in the old days when stop-down metering was the norm for many SLRs and even now when using a hand-held meter, the flow was/is to determine the exposure and to shoot freely with those settings until either the subject or light changed.

When I do green button exposure in M mode, I set once per subject.

Steve

09-29-2018, 06:11 PM   #20
Brooke Meyer

Why not just use manual exposure? You can adjust with the instant review and mostly the histogram . No fussing with contacts or green buttons and Bob will still be your Uncle