Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
12-01-2018, 11:27 AM   #1

K3II Interval Shooting - Inconsistent Exposures

Hi,

Looking for suggestions/input on a curious occurrence on my K3II.

I recently started toying with my infant son and interval shooting. Challenge is that every few exposures a shot is over exposed. (Varies between every 2-3 or 10 shots roughly). I am using natural lighting and appreciate that if the sun broke through a cloud that it would change the lighting/exposure, but it was a consistently overcast day so I'm stumped on cause. Overall images were very consistent. If it was a lighting factor I would expect more variability.
Here are 2 examples. (photos below)

Shooting details: Shot in RAW, centre metering, aperture priority mode, ISO 800, 29mm, 0ev, f5.6, 1/30th with a Sigma 18-50 1:2.8 EX Macro lens, on a tripod. Exposures were ever 5 seconds for about 25 minutes (I believe 300 exposures it what I had selected).

Look forward to any and all thoughts.
Cheers!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
12-01-2018, 11:37 AM - 2 Likes   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The exif is the same for both. So sticky aperture mechanism I am going for ?
12-01-2018, 11:44 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
The exif is the same for both. So sticky aperture mechanism I am going for ?
Interesting thought. Something that can be serviced by a photography retailer? The lens is a number of years old and well used.
Thank you for your reply.
12-01-2018, 12:29 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Irishmanshaner Quote
Interesting thought. Something that can be serviced by a photography retailer? The lens is a number of years old and well used.
Thank you for your reply.
Take the lens off the camera and flick the actuator at the back. It should move and spring back sharply.