Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2019, 06:29 PM - 1 Like   #196
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Spring Branch, Tx
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 473
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I am just plain unsubscribed there because I don't fit there - PF has something for everyone, so there is no reason to hang out where you don't fit in.
Good point, done!

---------- Post added 04-28-19 at 08:41 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
The K-3 was the only camera where Ricoh was so bold as to put the Ricoh name on the rear of the camera. They have not tried it with any model since then. I can't say if the sentiment expressed by pentaxdude in 2013 had anything to do with that! But it's nice to think so.

I think that Ricoh has come to value the Pentax brand, so, these days the name Ricoh only appears on the makers plate under the camera.

Those of us who spend a fair bit of time posting in that thread certainly enjoy what "The Thread" has become. As I'm writing this, that thread sits on 66,118 posts. It's the thread about nothing and everything.
A good opinion, something else for me to consider....as I am testing a Fish-eye-Takumar F4 17 mm...my first M42 lens usage in 20 years...

05-04-2019, 05:23 PM   #197
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Spring Branch, Tx
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 473
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I hope you are a very patient person!
I am.....

---------- Post added 05-04-19 at 07:29 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
All I'm saying is that the K-1, the K-p and the newer Pentaxes have more speed at low light than first perceived. Your 300 f/4 can act as a f2.8 at 6400, and still create commercially viable pictures. you are correct that I have never used the 400 f/2.8 because I have little need for that lens in my daily scope. I meant that you didn't deserve to be maligned, that's all. Photography is a personal endeavor and what one sees as art, others see as rubbish. The 300mm on an APS-c is a 450mm, so I don't get the cropping argument. Again, I trade ISO over f stops and routinely do well on my pics. As an aside, your photos of the wildlife on JPEG at only 85 clarity are quite stunning. Let's leave it at that.
I can agree with that....

---------- Post added 05-04-19 at 07:33 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
IMO a Mod should just change the title to “Why I Won’t . . .” * and be done with it. The thread has nothing to do with the K-3 any more.

That might even throw off the internet indexing.

* eat cheese, eat bacon, listen to all-girl rock bands, Barbeque, etc.
Anything but " why I won't"....

---------- Post added 05-04-19 at 07:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Except for the usual suspects who will be dissatisfied no matter what, of course

I have a K-5, a K-3, a K-1, a GR, a Theta, and somewhere a predecessor to the WG series (an Optio W30, I think) - and am satisfied with all of them

That said, what I would like to see in a K-3 successor is a K-3(II) body with the flippy screen and high-ISO performance of the KP. That would - for me - be very close to the perfect APS-C camera. Yes, other improvements would be welcome, too, but I find the K-3 to be an excellent camera already.
So do I ( the K3-II)
05-05-2019, 10:41 AM - 1 Like   #198
Moderator
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,693
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
. . . . . . . . listen to all-girl rock bands . . . . . . . . . .
No translation needed for these lyrics.




Oh, Jayne Mansfield.




Translation required. Don't ask me to do it, I wouldn't know where to begin. But hey, they rock. A small flaw, the bass player is never shown, too bad, as the bass line in this one is quite lively.




Clearly no translation required. All American girls. Singing about Egyptians.





Finally, Betty Blowtorch. Definitely not for all listeners, these girls definitely have no integrity, but they did know how to rock. Love the album artwork.



Last edited by Racer X 69; 05-05-2019 at 10:48 AM.
05-09-2019, 10:17 AM - 2 Likes   #199
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
CharLac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Ottawa
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,101
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
The K-3 was the only camera where Ricoh was so bold as to put the Ricoh name on the rear of the camera. They have not tried it with any model since then. I can't say if the sentiment expressed by pentaxdude in 2013 had anything to do with that! But it's nice to think so.

I think that Ricoh has come to value the Pentax brand, so, these days the name Ricoh only appears on the makers plate under the camera.

Those of us who spend a fair bit of time posting in that thread certainly enjoy what "The Thread" has become. As I'm writing this, that thread sits on 66,118 posts. It's the thread about nothing and everything.
And don't forget bacon Mark

05-09-2019, 10:18 AM   #200
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
CharLac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Ottawa
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,101
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
IMO a Mod should just change the title to “Why I Won’t . . .” * and be done with it. The thread has nothing to do with the K-3 any more.

That might even throw off the internet indexing.

* eat cheese, eat bacon, listen to all-girl rock bands, Barbeque, etc.
Nah...having K-3 in the title is the only thing that originally got me interested! And yes Racer, I would buy another one.
05-09-2019, 10:22 AM   #201
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
CharLac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Ottawa
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,101
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Except for the usual suspects who will be dissatisfied no matter what, of course

I have a K-5, a K-3, a K-1, a GR, a Theta, and somewhere a predecessor to the WG series (an Optio W30, I think) - and am satisfied with all of them

That said, what I would like to see in a K-3 successor is a K-3(II) body with the flippy screen and high-ISO performance of the KP. That would - for me - be very close to the perfect APS-C camera. Yes, other improvements would be welcome, too, but I find the K-3 to be an excellent camera already.
Agreed on all points expect the Optio...have one but much preferred the Canon Powershot I used at the time. The menu system in the Canaon was far far easier to use....in my humble opinion of course.
05-09-2019, 11:20 AM   #202
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Merv-O's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Philadelphia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,314
QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Agreed on all points expect the Optio...have one but much preferred the Canon Powershot I used at the time. The menu system in the Canaon was far far easier to use....in my humble opinion of course.
Yes the Optio point and shoots had a densely packed menu that was not as easy to use in the field...coupled with the smallish controls it was not ideal. Basically, the small point and shoot camera market is evaporated anyway as the phone has taken that role.
05-09-2019, 11:52 AM - 1 Like   #203
Pentaxian
Site Supporter
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 32,277
My favourite girl band songs

L7 "Pretend we're dead"


And the Bangles "Hazy shade of Winter"


05-09-2019, 06:14 PM   #204
Moderator
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
MarkJerling's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wairarapa, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,421
QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
And don't forget bacon Mark
Bacon! Aaaahhhhhh.
05-09-2019, 06:38 PM   #205
Moderator
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,693
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
My favourite girl band songs

L7 "Pretend we're dead"

L7 - Pretend We're Dead - YouTube
L7.

Sweet!

I now have another band on my list.

Thanks Norm!

05-09-2019, 07:08 PM   #206
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Spring Branch, Tx
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 473
Original Poster
My last post to this thread, I have other things I want to do besides comtimplate the consistency of lunch meat condiments! Haha.... My 13 pound 400 f 2.8 calls me......
05-09-2019, 07:17 PM   #207
Moderator
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,693
QuoteOriginally posted by stihlmania Quote
My last post to this thread, I have other things I want to do besides comtimplate the consistency of lunch meat condiments! Haha.... My 13 pound 400 f 2.8 calls me......
Isn't it dark there about now?
05-09-2019, 07:48 PM - 1 Like   #208
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Spring Branch, Tx
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 473
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Isn't it dark there about now?
Very dark. But the lens never stops calling my name. It wakes me in my sleep telling me to attach the AF360 so I can take photos in complete darkness....which it can do! I will find and post a nighthawk photo that I took with the camera and flash combo...in total darkness, I saw the nighthawk fly thru some lights and land close by, the rest is history!

---------- Post added 05-09-19 at 10:06 PM ----------

I did use the HD 55-300 ( non plm ) for these images...the 400 was resting on a tripod near my bed as I was at the Chanoti Hot Springs on the Rio Grande.......200 miles from anywhere in the U S.... both lens may have been speaking to me that night....also a big male cat that just loved my tripod, he would not leave me alone no matter how far I hiked up the local dry wash ( about 1 mile with the 400 and the Bogen tripod).....but he was a really good cat other than following me! He did not care what birds were around ( I think the birds knew this ) during the day as long as you gave him some attention the quail would get about 5 feet from him....and he never once looked like he was going to attack them......a well fed cat is a good cat around birds at this place...
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
af, buffer, dslr, equipment, experience, f2.8, flash, hoya, image, images, iso, k-3, k-p, k3, kp, lens, name, opinion, pentax, pentax k-3, post, service, shot, situations, telephoto, video
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why I won't buy a KP. Sqideyes Pentax KP 113 02-26-2017 02:38 AM
Night Why Why Why eccentricphotography Pentax K-3 Photo Contest 3 06-02-2014 09:36 AM
Burning of the Koran ... ! Why? Why? Why? jpzk General Talk 128 09-14-2010 04:45 PM
Counterfeit SanDisk Extreme III SDHC at Best Buy? Sharkonwheels Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 10 03-12-2009 07:44 PM
There's a reason why Sandisk Extreme III cards are so costly. Vulpix Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 20 05-21-2007 04:50 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:26 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top