Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 147 Likes Search this Thread
01-09-2019, 08:34 PM - 1 Like   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stihlmania Quote
This is for Ricoh, simply improve the AFC on the K-3II and you will have a a pre-order from me. I have no other issues with the camera, it can do everything else that I need!
I hope you are a very patient person!

01-10-2019, 06:00 AM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Here's a question for the K-P aficionados out there (because I don't know). Is the body construction as robust as the K-3? Is the shutter life up there with the K-3 or is it of K-200 ilk? Just curious.
01-10-2019, 07:41 AM   #48
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
Buy a KP
If a new K-3 or other flagship APSC isn't released this year then I will have to consider the KP!
For Christmas I was given prepaid credit cards that start charging monthly fees at the end of the year!
01-10-2019, 09:40 AM - 1 Like   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
If a new K-3 or other flagship APSC isn't released this year then I will have to consider the KP!
For Christmas I was given prepaid credit cards that start charging monthly fees at the end of the year!
FozzFoster: You better start using those cards--you will not be disappointed in the KP, plus they are updating firmware refualrly (2 updates since inception). Fast focusing, high ISO, low light excellence, fill in flash v. gps, but a GPS unit (GPS-010) is available from Pentax. I don't need it as I code and edit my photos into separate files anyway. WiFi that works easily (like GEICO--even a 'caveman' can use Pentax WiFi App), and tilted screen--Bang a winner...Oh, weatherproof too.

It is a bit slower on burst speeds/buffer, but for me that's not an issue and I rarely used the double SD card option....Good luck in your quest for a new Pentax, I'm sure whatever you choose will be excellent.

01-10-2019, 10:34 AM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I hope you are a very patient person!
Actually I am very patient. My break point will be IF my SMC A*400 fails AND I have no K-3 II replacement. I will want to continue using a 400 f2.8 but this time with auto focus so I would have to shop around....
01-10-2019, 05:03 PM - 1 Like   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Here's a question for the K-P aficionados out there (because I don't know). Is the body construction as robust as the K-3? Is the shutter life up there with the K-3 or is it of K-200 ilk? Just curious.
KP shutter is rated 100,000, K-3/K-3 II is 200,000.
Build of the KP is not as "heavy duty" as the K-3/II BUT non Magnesium Pentax bodies are still more solid than the competition.
01-11-2019, 10:30 PM - 3 Likes   #52
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
Figure if we're gong to see something in 2019, all of this is already determined. Hopefully we'll have a nice surprise this spring which will check most of the boxes.
I just received and completed a detailed survey from Ricoh Japan about future full frame cameras (I'm on their list as a Japan store customer). I was quite interesting. The survey was mainly focused on why users did/didn't buy a K-1 II and what they want from future full frame cameras.

What interested me about this was that one of the reasons you could select for why you didn't by a K-1 II was "I am waiting for the K-3 II Evolved model" (K-3IIの進化モデルを待っています". This is the same phrase that has been used in interviews through the last year.

The way I read this is that they are still at the stage of deciding on features for the next FF, so it is unlikely to come in the immediate future. But the K-3 Evolved seems to be fixed, as you say. I think this is a good indication that it will come in 2019. I guess it will be shown under glass at CP+ or possibly released, and it won't be a minor update, given their choice of words to describe it.

In the meantime, I agree that the KP is a very good camera that can replace the K-3 II for many people. I think it is good value now, especially at the overseas price. It hasn’t gone down so much over here. If the K-3 Evolved is equivalent to other brands' APS-C flagships, it will be pricy and the KP will fit in-between.

Last edited by JPT; 01-12-2019 at 10:20 PM.
01-12-2019, 07:42 AM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
I think this is a good indication that it will come in 2019.
Thanks for posting all this. Very interesting to hear of the survey you received. Surprised (and happy) to hear Ricoh doing something like this, and it hopefully quells fears for those that think Ricoh isn't listening to their users.
01-12-2019, 09:58 AM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, thanks for sharing this info. It is reassuring to know that they really are seeking information from users.
01-12-2019, 09:34 PM   #55
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
What interested me about this was that one of the reasons you could select for why you didn't by a K-1 II was "I am waiting for the K-3 II Evolved model" (K-3IIの進化モデルを待っています". This is the same phrase that has been used in interviews through the last year.
Very intersting reason selection. I guess we'll see what Ricoh does this year.
01-12-2019, 10:20 PM   #56
Pentaxian

There's no way a new K-3 would make me upgrade from the KP, only thing that would do it is a mirrorless offering.

The next K3 will probably just be a slightly better KP with built in GPS, higher rated shutter, beefier body, bigger battery and a price tag to match.

It'll be an amazing camera but then again so is the KP.
01-13-2019, 06:17 AM   #57
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
There's no way a new K-3 would make me upgrade from the KP, only thing that would do it is a mirrorless offering.

The next K3 will probably just be a slightly better KP with built in GPS, higher rated shutter, beefier body, bigger battery and a price tag to match.

It'll be an amazing camera but then again so is the KP.
If those are the features then count me as a definite buyer. The KP is an excellent camera but I decided early on that it just doesn't have the ergonomics I'm used to or looking for in my next DSLR.
01-13-2019, 06:25 AM - 1 Like   #58
Veteran Member

just want to say i never will as i have a K1 which suits me just fine, if you who post dont get a k3iii does that mean you will not take snaps or pictures again ? I have my helmet ON for all the flack i will get, ian
01-13-2019, 07:07 AM   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by k1man Quote
if you who post dont get a k3iii does that mean you will not take snaps or pictures again ? I have my helmet ON for all the flack i will get, ian
Now where in the heck did you get that? No one ever said that. I happen to like the K-3/K-3II form factor and I have a good many perfectly fine APS-C K-Mount lens and I see no reason I need to change to a K-1. I try to take photos daily with my K-3, so no I will not stop just because no camera is released soon. Why should it bother you that some people chose to want a APS-C format Pentax DSLR model rather than buying a K-1/K-1II? Inquiring mind want to know.
01-13-2019, 09:37 AM   #60
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
You may have to buy a gift card with you prepaid cards