Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 147 Likes Search this Thread
01-13-2019, 10:36 AM   #61

In order that the Pentax chamber it became necessary to make reference already a little: to make an auto focus isn't worse than the best Nikon, Fuji
, Sony; a set of cross-shaped points of an auto focus on all field of the sensor; the joystick for a fast choice of points of an auto focus (as at Canon, Fuji, Nikon); to correct red color and blue, violet; to make, at last qualitative video as at Fuji and Sony; support of the fastest memory cards with a fast speed of saving of files

01-13-2019, 10:53 AM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by suncomp Quote
In order that the Pentax chamber it became necessary to make reference already a little: to make an auto focus isn't worse than the best Nikon, Fuji
, Sony; a set of cross-shaped points of an auto focus on all field of the sensor; the joystick for a fast choice of points of an auto focus (as at Canon, Fuji, Nikon); to correct red color and blue, violet; to make, at last qualitative video as at Fuji and Sony; support of the fastest memory cards with a fast speed of saving of files
All of that is going to be a very tall order considering they probably have finalized the design or it may be in production now.
01-13-2019, 11:01 AM - 2 Likes   #63
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Naw, that's not going to happen..."fastest, best etc'" add costs not consistent with the Pentax philosophy of best bang per buck. Pentax makes a living with providing people what they need, as opposed to what they think they want.

Last edited by normhead; 01-13-2019 at 11:11 AM.
01-13-2019, 11:17 AM   #64

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Naw, that's not going to happen..."fastest, best etc'" add costs not consistent with the Pentax philosophy of best bang per buck. Pentax makes a living with providing people what they need, as opposed to what they think they want.
It has to occur, and differently all photographers will buy cameras of other producers. Let will be more expensive, but isn't worse, than at competitors

01-13-2019, 01:18 PM - 2 Likes   #65
Pentaxian

It has to occur, and differently all photographers will buy cameras of other producers. Let will be more expensive, but isn't worse, than at competitors

No it doesn't have to occur. Not all photogprhers will overlook the Pentax advantage for other manufacturers. I've already had the choice many times. IBIS and Pixel Shift and price have kept me from other manufacturers for a few years now. Pentax doesn't need every photographer, they need the ones that appreciate what they do.Their tech may be a year or two old, and they don't get the proprietary stuff, but the price is right.

Last edited by normhead; 01-13-2019 at 07:13 PM.
01-13-2019, 04:49 PM   #66
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by larrymc Quote
now where in the heck did you get that? No one ever said that. I happen to like the k-3/k-3ii form factor and i have a good many perfectly fine aps-c k-mount lens and i see no reason i need to change to a k-1. I try to take photos daily with my k-3, so no i will not stop just because no camera is released soon. Why should it bother you that some people chose to want a aps-c format pentax dslr model rather than buying a k-1/k-1ii? Inquiring mind want to know.
i was joking
01-13-2019, 07:10 PM   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by k1man Quote
i was joking
Kindly put a wink or a smilie of some kind at the end of the sentence. Juan never knows

01-13-2019, 07:11 PM   #68
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by k1man Quote
i was joking
I enjoy both formats and I particularly enjoy the rendering of Pentax imaging
01-13-2019, 07:33 PM   #69
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Kindly put a wink or a smilie of some kind at the end of the sentence. Juan never knows
Neither does Juanita...
Right up there with the first line of the "Star Spangled Banner... "Jose can you see?"
01-13-2019, 08:25 PM   #70
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Honestly, I didn’t upgrade my K-1 because I have the Accelerator in my KP, which is a fabulous second camera. I don’t plan to buy the next APSc body. If I do anything I will fully commit to FF, buy a K-1ll, and sell all my APSc gear, which has nothing to do with the actual APSc camera.

I do suspect the K3 Evolution camera will address a number of Pentax ‘popular opinion’ negatives e.g. AF, and will showcase Pentax’s direction and vision of the next 5 - 7 years’ of development.

Last edited by monochrome; 01-13-2019 at 08:37 PM.
01-14-2019, 07:36 AM - 1 Like   #71
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
You may have to buy a gift card with you prepaid cards
That's a great idea! Never even thought of that! thanks for the suggestion!
01-14-2019, 07:54 AM   #72
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Honestly, I didn’t upgrade my K-1 because I have the Accelerator in my KP, which is a fabulous second camera. I don’t plan to buy the next APSc body. If I do anything I will fully commit to FF, buy a K-1ll, and sell all my APSc gear, which has nothing to do with the actual APSc camera.

I do suspect the K3 Evolution camera will address a number of Pentax ‘popular opinion’ negatives e.g. AF, and will showcase Pentax’s direction and vision of the next 5 - 7 years’ of development.
Looking at the price of the K-P I wonder what the price is going to be of the K-3 replacement. If it does have vastly improved AF.... the way Pentad works it's not really about improvements to the K-3, it's more about what have they done since the K-P.

And I have absolutely no handle on how good the K-P and K-1ii are.
01-14-2019, 07:57 AM   #73
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Me either, but I got a feeling that they'll better than my K-S2... much rather prefer the latest tech with a new flagship (whatever it might be called) than having to get the KP (SOO yester-year! /s)
!
01-14-2019, 08:18 AM   #74
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
KP shutter is rated 100,000, K-3/K-3 II is 200,000.
Build of the KP is not as "heavy duty" as the K-3/II BUT non Magnesium Pentax bodies are still more solid than the competition.
The KP body is "almost" as solid as K-3ii
QuoteOriginally posted by pf:
It also upgrades the K-70's mostly-plastic exterior with a metal frame similar to the ones used for Pentax flagships
Hands-on with the Pentax KP - Hands-On Tests | PentaxForums.com

The shutter sounds solid - but quiet, and Pentax has said it uses same aperture control as "flagship" cameras do.

Last edited by reh321; 01-14-2019 at 08:30 AM.
01-14-2019, 08:26 AM - 1 Like   #75
Pentaxian

Looking at the price of the K-P I wonder what the price is going to be of the K-3 replacement. If it does have vastly improved AF.... the way Pentad works it's not really about improvements to the K-3, it's more about what have they done since the K-P.

To me, the greatest advantage of the KP is the usable high ISO ..... after experimentation, I'm limiting myself to 12800 ISO
First photo with KP - PentaxForums.com
Iso 25600! - PentaxForums.com

Not having to use flash indoors has always been a dream of mine, and I did reach that point at my daughter's wedding on Saturday;
by not using flash, and using LV with LCD tilted up, most were unaware of the photos I was taking.

DP Review puts K-1 Mark II as second worst camera of 2018 - Page 52 - PentaxForums.com
DP Review puts K-1 Mark II as second worst camera of 2018 - Page 52 - PentaxForums.com