Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-25-2018, 04:14 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Pixel Shift

hi everyone, how can I activate the pixel shift function? How do I shoot raw or jpg mode?
Thank u!

12-25-2018, 04:23 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
On the KP, got to page 3 of the camera function and scroll down to "pixel shift resolution" and click on...there is also "motion correction" which can be enabled as well.
12-25-2018, 05:02 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There are different ways to do it depending on the camera. It is pretty easy to change from the info screen. Just hit the info button and scroll down to where it has pixel shift on the far right then hit OK and choose the setting you want. You can also change back and forth from RAW to jpeg on that screen.

There are other ways to change as well. Personally I use pixel shift quite a bit and so I have a user mode dedicate to it with my standard settings (f11, Av mode, iso 100, pixel shift with motion correction off, RAW). It makes it really easy to pop into it without much thought.

I am assuming you have a K3 II since this is the K3 forum. I think all of that is still accessible from the info screen, but I haven't used the K3 II, so I can't guarantee it.
12-25-2018, 05:17 AM - 2 Likes   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Note that pixel shift is not a set it and forget it mode. Using it incorrectly can backfire and/or result on unnecessarily large raw files. Please see our K-3 II and K-1 reviews on the homepage for details.

PSR is otherwise activated via the menu or control panel. All other settings (such as file format) are controlled as usual.

I recommend sticking to JPEG mode for PSR as the camera does a great job of processing the images.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-01-2019, 06:18 AM   #5
Pentaxian

The motion correction function isn't switchable in the K-3II (it's always on). I shoot RAW with PSR and develop the primary image in DCU5, as the software has the option of turning the motion correcton on/off, even if you can't do it in camera.