QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
How about a KP?
Amen!

02-08-2019, 02:50 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Used K-3ii v. New KP

I recently bought a 4th camera in to my Pentax stable: a lightly used K-3ii with only 6900 shutter clicks on it for $480.00 because I missed my old one I had sold previously to buy the K-1ii. MY KP already has over 2000 clicks because it's my go to camera and I've only had it 2 months !! I paid about $700 on a Black Friday special. Best value ever and a lot of fun (see the images I posted above as examples of this little powerhouse. I think you should splurge and get the KP
02-08-2019, 02:56 PM   #33

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
I recently bought a 4th camera in to my Pentax stable: a lightly used K-3ii with only 6900 shutter clicks on it for $480.00 because I missed my old one I had sold previously to buy the K-1ii. MY KP already has over 2000 clicks because it's my go to camera and I've only had it 2 months !! I paid about $700 on a Black Friday special. Best value ever and a lot of fun (see the images I posted above as examples of this little powerhouse. I think you should splurge and get the KP
I was very close to pulling the trigger on one of the KPs that showed recently on the marketplace. I am just too curious to see what's in store at CP+ at the of this month to make a purchase right now. Who knows, may be that K3ii replacement will finally come. Or, may be they will give us a k70ii. I have to see it first, then spend my money
02-08-2019, 03:10 PM   #34
Forum Member

will they release something new at CP+?

02-08-2019, 04:19 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Nobody know for sure, a lot of expectation could turn in a lot of deception.
02-08-2019, 04:37 PM   #36
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I think the k3 is still easily worth it, if you can get one for under 500 with a 3-6 month warranty. Keh has a grade comparison table if you're interested, make sure to view it in desktop mode to see the correspondence to others Grading System at KEH Camera

I have the k3ii, I am perfectly happy with the sensor, and my shooting includes low light such as concerts (I've shot at 12800 and loved the photos, though print sizes would be limited, for a newspaper color print they were fine). I shoot raw though, I think the jpeg engine leaves a lot to be desired at such high iso. It's a high grade dependable body, just be aware of what features the newer kp has and if you don't see them worth the extra money, why not?
02-09-2019, 07:09 AM   #37
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by brofessor Quote
What lens was on for that sparrow(?) shot? It is very sharp, but some chromatic aberrations on the edges of the white feathers.
The bird, evening Grossbeak was taken when I was trying out the Tamron 2x TC on my Tamron SP AF 300 2.8 LD (IF) and because of lighting conditions I was shooing wide open. I often test the limits of my gear when shooting. But the end result is, I don't like that combination. Although for the conditions it was shot in, you won't find a lens that can shoot wide open with a TC and not produce some aberrations.

Posted as a situation where an extra stop of light would have made a difference. Stopping down a stop would have meant I didn't have to shoot wide open vastly reducing the CA and fringing.