Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-21-2019, 12:05 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Pentax K3 Value?

So very very close to pulling trigger on a Sony a7iii at a very good price but need to be able to recoup some costs.

I have a very gently used Pentax K3 with a 5,399 shutter count. Original box.
Did not come with a kit lens as I bought body only. Do have an old K100d that used as backup backup.

Have a 18-55 kit lens, a 50mm 1.8, and a Sigma 30mm 1.4 EX. Primarily shot the primes.

So trying to get a value for either the camera or camera with lenses.

Also forgot, do have a K3 grip with extra battery. Non-Pentax brand but work flawlessly.

03-21-2019, 12:24 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I suggest reading the sold forum and eBay completed sales and comparing their results. This changes fast sometimes.
03-21-2019, 12:29 PM - 1 Like   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Maksim Quote
So very very close to pulling trigger on a Sony a7iii at a very good price but need to be able to recoup some costs.

I have a very gently used Pentax K3 with a 5,399 shutter count. Original box.
Did not come with a kit lens as I bought body only. Do have an old K100d that used as backup backup.

Have a 18-55 kit lens, a 50mm 1.8, and a Sigma 30mm 1.4 EX. Primarily shot the primes.

So trying to get a value for either the camera or camera with lenses.

Also forgot, do have a K3 grip with extra battery. Non-Pentax brand but work flawlessly.
Indeed, things tend to move quickly. I would recommend making a Marketplace listing toward the high end of your price range, as you can always be open to offers.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-21-2019, 12:52 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I would recommend making a Marketplace listing toward the high end of your price range, as you can always be open to offers.
As a sort of variation on this, I like to treat marketplace listings as something like reverse auctions: list at the high end of your expected range, and rather than soliciting offers, drop the price $20 or so every few days with bump-posts until someone decides it is a good deal for them. The marketplace still decides the value, but since the low-ballers are always out there, you can still decide to accept an offer somewhere along the way. It's mostly a question of how much of a hurry you are in to sell.

03-21-2019, 01:06 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

The above comments are good advice. It should be noted that the listed price is often higher than the negotiated sale price. It is highly unusual for sellers to update the listing if they were talked down.

Steve
03-21-2019, 04:26 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks. Will definitely list it in the marketplace here... just trying to figure out a fair price and not list it too high and be that guy. lol. Just saw prices fairly all over the map.