Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2019, 12:55 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mctaveck Quote
Number 8 and it is green, it blinks or stay "on" for long time. The red one doesn't blink but just flash once if get focus
Oh that one, yes definitely green

10-14-2019, 01:25 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by othar Quote
It seams my K-3 doesn't stop tracking no matter how long I stay on the AF-button (although I was using only the AF-point in the middle)
Just tested mine with single AF point in the center: same issue
10-14-2019, 01:00 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by amodali Quote
Hi, the firmware release you're using is...?

---------- Post added 10-13-19 at 10:49 PM ----------

Firmware release? Thanks
Sorry, ... Firmware is 1.30
10-15-2019, 03:14 PM   #19

Original Poster
Hi is there anybody that can try and reply here, along with the firmware version, his result?
Many thanks

10-18-2019, 03:57 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
V1.40 and no real issues with using AF.C (both single point and expanded points all the way to 25).
Tracks great if you have a lens that focuses quickly and locks on the subject.
If the lens isn't that great, then yes, the camera will actually give up trying to get the lens focused (I've used a few lenses that cause this issue).
I find this happens more on screw driven lenses vs lenses with their own focusing motor.
One lens I do have that is capable of some fantastic shots is the Sigma 170-500 APO, the only problem with that lens is that AF.C is practically unusable. The lens will hunt instead of lock and then it just gives up (goes from solid green confirmation of focus to flashing, to solid, to flashing, then it just keeps flashing and gives up on focusing).
I actually do my birding photography (BIF as well) using AF.S when I have that lens mounted.
10-19-2019, 12:19 AM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
V1.40 and no real issues with using AF.C (both single point and expanded points all the way to 25).
Tracks great if you have a lens that focuses quickly and locks on the subject.
If the lens isn't that great, then yes, the camera will actually give up trying to get the lens focused (I've used a few lenses that cause this issue).
I find this happens more on screw driven lenses vs lenses with their own focusing motor.
One lens I do have that is capable of some fantastic shots is the Sigma 170-500 APO, the only problem with that lens is that AF.C is practically unusable. The lens will hunt instead of lock and then it just gives up (goes from solid green confirmation of focus to flashing, to solid, to flashing, then it just keeps flashing and gives up on focusing).
I actually do my birding photography (BIF as well) using AF.S when I have that lens mounted.
Thanks! With the Pentax 16-85 I have the problem as well, that's is the most "clever" AF lens I have. But the other screw driven lenses I have are Pentax so is not really making me happy ....
10-23-2019, 04:05 PM   #22

Original Poster
Just to inform you all that I just uploaded the firmware 1.4 and it works perfectly fine. Problem resolved.

Ciao
Danilo