Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
12-29-2019, 03:56 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mkgd1 Quote
Much better.
I tried my first astro shot myself a few days ago. Conditions were not perfect but I managed to get some of the milky way. I do not have a gps so I went with shorter exposure and more iso
Thanks mkgd

12-29-2019, 07:07 AM - 2 Likes   #17

Photos: Albums
Captured this a few nights ago.
KP, Astrotracer, 18-135mm @ 18mm, f3.5, ISO 3200, 60 second exposure. It’s a stitched panorama of 4 astrotracer shots and 1 non astrotracer shot of the house.
Stitched with Affinity Photo on an iPAD Pro. It was planned out using PhotoPills to make sure there was no moon and that the Milky Way was directly over the house.
Planning, patience and practice is the key. Also, the Astrotracer had the “Precise Calibration” performed about 5-6 times before the final shots were taken.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
12-29-2019, 07:20 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DeKay Quote
Captured this a few nights ago.
KP, Astrotracer, 18-135mm @ 18mm, f3.5, ISO 3200, 60 second exposure. It’s a stitched panorama of 4 astrotracer shots and 1 non astrotracer shot of the house.
Stitched with Affinity Photo on an iPAD Pro. It was planned out using PhotoPills to make sure there was no moon and that the Milky Way was directly over the house.
Planning, patience and practice is the key. Also, the Astrotracer had the “Precise Calibration” performed about 5-6 times before the final shots were taken.
A great photo DeKay, where was it taken? The Milky Way is too low aroUnd here this time of year.
12-29-2019, 09:02 AM   #19

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tuggie76 Quote
A great photo DeKay, where was it taken? The Milky Way is too low aroUnd here this time of year.
I’m in the south west of Western Australia at the moment. In a town called Cowaramup, just out of Margaret River.
The best shots wont be available until around the end of March 2020 when the Galactic Centre will be above the house. This is what I’m really waiting for.

12-29-2019, 12:10 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DeKay Quote
I’m in the south west of Western Australia at the moment. In a town called Cowaramup, just out of Margaret River.
The best shots wont be available until around the end of March 2020 when the Galactic Centre will be above the house. This is what I’m really waiting for.
I've just googled it, looks idyllic. I'm in Canada trying to get some good sctar shots before I freeze to death.