Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
05-21-2020, 09:35 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Same here after day 3.

06-01-2020, 12:42 PM   #17
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by microlight Quote
I answered in your other thread, that my battery drained if the GPS was left on - but I tried it, oh must be three years or so ago or more now (had my K-3II since November 2015), so I'm trying it again, Fresh battery, GPS on, and then main switch off. I'll turn the main switch on in the morning and leave it, and see what happens.
My experience with GPS on before powering down is that a full battery is down to zero after about two days (the camera being shut off all the while).
06-02-2020, 12:41 AM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’ve now had the camera on for more than a week with GPS permanently on, and the battery is still showing full. I’ll now turn it off with the GPS still selected as on, and see whether any drain occurs.
06-06-2020, 02:59 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mine certainly runs the battery down with camera off but the GPS left on. Sometimes when I first switch the camera on all three bars on the battery indicator show up as full but after a few seconds, sometimes, it will show only one or die completely.

06-06-2020, 08:10 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JimD Quote
Mine certainly runs the battery down with camera off but the GPS left on. Sometimes when I first switch the camera on all three bars on the battery indicator show up as full but after a few seconds, sometimes, it will show only one or die completely.
How old is the Battery ?
06-07-2020, 06:01 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pichaser Quote
How old is the Battery ?
I've got two Pentax batteries and 3 fairly new third party batteries. All of the batteries last significantly longer in my K5 than they do in my K3II with the GPS switched on