Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 50 Likes Search this Thread
11-04-2020, 02:11 AM   #76
Inactive Account

I have been using K-3II for 3 years already, I am very satisfied.

11-09-2020, 01:57 PM   #77
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by turbo_bird Quote
I got mine in the mail Friday afternoon, played around a bit at home Saturday, then took these on Sunday.

Kristian
Wow stunning photos!
11-09-2020, 08:04 PM   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I got mine in the mail Friday afternoon, played around a bit at home Saturday, then took these on Sunday. Kristian
Nice shots there, I bet the temp. was cold that day
11-09-2020, 08:08 PM   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I got mine in the mail Friday afternoon, played around a bit at home Saturday, then took these on Sunday.

Kristian
Gorgeous!

11-09-2020, 10:07 PM - 2 Likes   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thanks guys, I didn't expect that kind of response, but I appreciate it. The weather was pretty good, right around freezing, and we were moving pretty quickly hiking in. I actually worked up a sweat without a jacket, had to put it on again when we stopped though. I put together an HDR image from that hike and had it printed 48x30", just got it in the mail today. It's pretty impressive how much detail can be found in an APSC image.

Kristian
11-11-2020, 05:15 PM   #81
Veteran Member

Sure hope it rocks for a good while longer, I only got mine like a month ago! Well-used, but well taken care of, it was a good deal, and it's the silver one
11-11-2020, 05:29 PM   #82
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pkboy Quote
Sure hope it rocks for a good while longer, I only got mine like a month ago! Well-used, but well taken care of, it was a good deal, and it's the silver one
Despite some rough handling in SE Asian jungles and diving expeditions from my son, mine is still going strong. The only thing I had to fix was the "common for Pentax" problem of the on-off switch getting very stiff. Holding the switch under warm running water for a while and toggling it many times eventually cleared that up. It's built like a tank. It is still my preferred birding camera, despite the K1 supplanting it for other duties.

11-11-2020, 06:10 PM   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
The only thing I had to fix was the "common for Pentax" problem of the on-off switch getting very stiff. Holding the switch under warm running water for a while and toggling it many times eventually cleared that up.
So it IS a problem!

I thought it was done on purpose that was introduced for some problem that I was unaware of (I had the ist DL before and used it heavily for 10+ years.) Like a large # of photogs complaining that their cameras get switched on when jostled in a bag or something.
11-11-2020, 07:14 PM   #84
Veteran Member

Thanks guys, I didn't expect that kind of response, but I appreciate it. The weather was pretty good, right around freezing, and we were moving pretty quickly hiking in. I actually worked up a sweat without a jacket, had to put it on again when we stopped though. I put together an HDR image from that hike and had it printed 48x30", just got it in the mail today. It's pretty impressive how much detail can be found in an APSC image.

Kristian
Gorgeous shot!
12-08-2020, 08:03 PM   #85
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
Despite some rough handling in SE Asian jungles and diving expeditions from my son, mine is still going strong. The only thing I had to fix was the "common for Pentax" problem of the on-off switch getting very stiff. Holding the switch under warm running water for a while and toggling it many times eventually cleared that up. It's built like a tank. It is still my preferred birding camera, despite the K1 supplanting it for other duties.
My K3 switch randomly sometimes get a little stiffer then normal (probably matches my usage pattern of the camera Will have to try the warm water trick.