Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
11-23-2020, 10:05 AM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hjoseph7 Quote
I think Stevebrot is right on this one.
Thanks for the thumbs up. I have used the feature and am familiar with its quirks.

Steve

11-23-2020, 09:41 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The flash needs to be in trailing curtain sync mode
yes.....it's my fault for not specifying that the flash cannot be set manually i.e. 1/32 or something but a flash ttl ev adjustment can be made...not that the camera could not be in manual.......i may have misunderstood or missed something........

QuoteOriginally posted by Mooncatt Quote
This is one of the photos in question shot in program mode, trying to get a light saber battle shot.
looks like it turned out quite well......the kids have no trailing and show up......seems rear sync worked
great idea to shoot and hope ya get what you are chasing!!
11-24-2020, 05:15 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aaron28 Quote
looks like it turned out quite well......the kids have no trailing and show up......seems rear sync worked
great idea to shoot and hope ya get what you are chasing!!
That was shot in program mode, which did work, but I was looking to get it to work in manual or bulb mode so I can have full control. That one was a lucky shot on the timing, but the flash washed out the light in the sabers themselves. If I had it in bulb mode, I could have posed it better to prevent this.

I do think I now understand what's going on, though. Next time I get around to it, I'll try that other setting on the flash itself and learn how to use it better. Thanks to all!
11-24-2020, 09:46 PM   #19
Pentaxian

I do think I now understand what's going on, though. Next time I get around to it, I'll try that other setting on the flash itself and learn how to use it better
good deal ! look forward to seeing the results.....if you so happen to remember, post the results here!
happy shooting!

11-25-2020, 05:06 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
if you so happen to remember, post the results here!
happy shooting!
Of course, but it'll be a while I think. Work is stupid busy this week.
11-27-2020, 08:41 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Of course
look forward to it!
11-27-2020, 09:03 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
look forward to it!
Unfortunately I'm going to be stupid busy at work for a while, so if you could tell them to back off...

I was hoping to upload some last week, but was in a rush and didn't notice massive banding issues in the sky until after I finished. So my first task is to figure out where that came from because SOOC had no banding. One I did upload looks fine on my phone, but de-saturated when I uploaded to the site. Failure all around on this one.

11-28-2020, 08:29 AM   #23
Pentaxian

so if you could tell them to back off.
hahaha!! we will tighten the screws!!! ......when convenient