Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 19 Likes Search this Thread
08-14-2014, 07:21 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
Wow, I'm floored. Thank you You're always been a tremendous supporter of my posts since the first ones, and I continue to value that very, very much.

-Heie
No problem. Your interactivity with the community, your ability to get out of most people's comfort zones for photos and general lifestyle, you being noticed by Pentax themselves, and your great photos and great presentation makes you one of the best Pentax photographers I've seen.

08-15-2014, 02:41 AM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I really like Hark Lee's work. As far as I know he shoots mainly with a 645D (maybe a Z now). Hark Lee Photography
08-15-2014, 04:36 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great thread. Looking forward to see more recommendation!

Eventually this list will have to categorize to landscape, portrait, macro... etc. As we all "follow" photographer based on our own shooting genre

My personal favorite so far...
1. Macro photography - Thomas Shahan (Best macro photographer and never get bored looking at them);
2. Portrait photography - Bill Gekas (very unique style but would like to see more than just his daughter...)

Personally my goal in photography is shooting good family/lifestyle photography, so I have few favorites in this category. The first photographer I like in this cat is:
Hideaki Hamada - His Pentaxk 67 shots got him famous, but now he uses digital Canon for commercial work. but still shot with P67 for 'personal' work from time to time.

Looking forward to learn more Pentax photographers.....especially, film Pentax photographer.

P.S. Bookmarked Hark Lee.
08-15-2014, 05:32 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tlong423 Quote
Contemporary photographers? Camus Wyatt is amazing.
Hear hear.

Regards,
--Anders.

08-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Thank you so much for the mention Alex, your portfolio on your new website is fantastic!
Kengoh is one of my favorites for his Wildlife, Cityscapes and Landscapes..
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kengoh8888/

Last edited by dane.dawg; 08-17-2014 at 04:39 PM.
08-19-2014, 06:16 AM   #21

Luigi Ghirri of course.. one of the most important italian photographers

Search him on google images if you don't know him yet

He used Pentax 6x7 medium format camera.. one of my favourites ever
08-19-2014, 08:30 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Personally my goal in photography is shooting good family/lifestyle photography,
I am with you (especially since this is how I convince my wife to allow me to feed my LBA), and then people like Hideaki (and you of course, LF) make me think I just don't have the potential. I have my family around all the time but just can't get this mode to flow. My wife who knows nothing about photography can pick my camera up and take better family shots than I every time. I won't stop trying but some people just have the eye.

08-19-2014, 01:39 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Other than those already mentioned...

Greg Nyquist - Photoblog (forum member)

Michael Sleczeck - https://www.flickr.com/photos/michalsleczek/ (I don't think he comes to this forum)

Danilo Fermata - https://www.flickr.com/photos/danilo-fermata/ - I especially like the fact that the three lenses he uses, are lenses a lot of people here in the forums would roll their eyes at (Cosina 19-35mm, Rikenon 50mm and Tamron 10-24mm)

There's quite a few forum members whose work I really enjoy - not "artsy" stuff, just very well done daily life kind of pictures...
08-19-2014, 02:27 PM - 1 Like   #24

In my opinion the Nitrok aka Joni N is the best!
Look that: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrok/
08-20-2014, 01:29 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
I am with you (especially since this is how I convince my wife to allow me to feed my LBA), and then people like Hideaki (and you of course, LF) make me think I just don't have the potential. I have my family around all the time but just can't get this mode to flow. My wife who knows nothing about photography can pick my camera up and take better family shots than I every time. I won't stop trying but some people just have the eye.
Hey todd, no way I am on any list.
Here is a list of photographers (non-Pentax, family photos style) that I also followed and try to learn from: you are my wild
to show you how far away I need to learn (or, like you, convince my other half that I need to buy new stuff 'to get those shots')...

Just keep shooting, before they grow up, or grow old.
08-23-2014, 05:27 AM   #26
Pentaxian

If you grew up in the surfing world in the 1960's, Leroy Grannis was one of the best. It was his pics in the various surfing magazines that got me interested in photography as a kid. He was a Pentax guy.

The link I first posted from an old thread is no longer current so I'm linking to this article. Leroy died a couple of years ago at 93.
http://selvedgeyard.com/2010/11/29/the-photography-of-leroy-grannis-legendar...-surf-culture/

Last edited by reeftool; 08-23-2014 at 05:39 AM. Reason: link didn't work
08-23-2014, 12:06 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Stickl Quote
In my opinion the Nitrok aka Joni N is the best!
Look that: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrok/
Yes, I agree. Joni's work is unique and breathtaking.
08-25-2014, 02:00 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Who is that old guy, I think in France, who did/does fashion/advert work?
I liked his stuff and his posts when I was last here in 2010/2011.
08-25-2014, 02:16 PM - 1 Like   #29
Pentaxian

I don't know about old guy, but there is a fashion photog called Benjamin Kanarek who used to shoot Pentax until a year or so ago, when he moved to Nikon (D800). He does fashion/advert stuff, but he's probably not who you are talking about.
08-25-2014, 04:04 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Yeah, that guy. Kind of sad to hear he's moved on from Pentax.