Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2014, 01:07 PM   #1

Press photography...

Am wondering how many people here using a Pentax camera during press photography. Am working to get a second contract as freelance photographer for a news agency.

On one side I'd love to stay at Pentax. As I'm photographing with Pentax myself for 15 years now. I don't like Canon at all. Nikon is a bit better. But just wanna stay with Pentax. Done some press related things with my K5 like the Bafta awards red carpet. And it wasn't less then Canon or Nikon at all by quality. On the other hand, going to Nikon or Canon, if I buy smart, there is a change to a program like nps for Nikon.

Also for a press pass. Had one unofficially. Not from the NVJ, but from a company I used to work for until last year. The company I work for already isn't enough to get registered at the NVJ. But with the 2nd one it is. Is it worth to get registered at NVJ? NVJ is the Dutch press association. Is it worth to get a press pass?

08-16-2014, 03:42 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
While not a pro I do shoot a lot of the Press Photos for Historic Jamestown with my K3 and a host of Primes. In addition to their Facebook presence I shot the Pocahontas 400th Anniversay Celebration photo shoot.... Loving my primes...
08-17-2014, 03:25 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Khashoggi Quote
Is it worth to get registered at NVJ?
Official accreditation can be quite difficult to obtain as it's usually only granted to recognised bodies for their professional staff.

If you have a mechanism to do it through one of your employers, you ought do it, as it will no doubt come in handy for the future, if this is to be your chosen career route.