Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2014, 06:40 PM   #1

No more international warranty card since August 2014?!

Hi, I recently bought a new pentax k30 camera from Cambodia. My next destination is Malaysia, so I contacted DSC World, their official service center marked with O in the Pentax Worldwide Service Netwrk leaflet included in the box.
This is the answer from them:

We are sorry to inform you that we can not provide you the International Warranty card as Ricoh Pentax no longer provides International Warranty card since 1st of August 2014.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Carmen

This is a bit shocking for me. It is the first Pentax camera I ever bought, so I don't have any experience wit their customer support yet. That's why I ask you guys.

09-08-2014, 11:44 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I heard the same thing from a Pentax dealer here in Malaysia last month.
09-09-2014, 03:16 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
I bought a brand new K-5 II recently (16th August) from Japan, and I got an international warranty card with it (which I successfully registered with Pentax Australia)
09-09-2014, 08:49 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
if the company no longer supports international warranty you are out of luck whether you registered it or not.

This needs clarifying if you intend to rely upon it for warranty.

09-09-2014, 06:21 PM   #5

Original Poster
I wrote to their service in Spain, as it is also my destinations list, let's see what their customer support replies...
09-16-2014, 05:13 AM   #6

Original Poster
I finally got the reply from their service in Spain, but is not a good one:

Dear Vlad,

After contacting Pentax, they indicate the following:

“Only products sold in authorised duty free shops will contain the new international warranty cards. He will be entitled to get his warranty through the dealer where the camera was purchased. Should the customer require service while he is in Spain then this will be a chargeable repair”

Best Regards,

Departamento de Producto
REFLECTA S.A.
Calle Europa nº 12
08028 - Barcelona

So all I can say is that I really appreciate their products, but with this customer service approach I'm sure they will loose many of the not so many clients they have.
09-16-2014, 05:31 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Yo2lzp Quote
So all I can say is that I really appreciate their products, but with this customer service approach I'm sure they will loose many of the not so many clients they have.
Did you buy your camera from an authorized dealer in Cambodia or did you buy a "gray market camera"? If it was gray market most manufacturers wont cover them under warranty. Some reputable dealers will sell gray market items and cover them under there own warranty such as B&H or Adorama. So in reality if yours is a gray market item you can't blame Ricoh/Pentax for your circumventing their Authorized Dealer system.