Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2014, 09:00 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Advance of Technology

I know my kids sometimes look at me cross eyed when I pull out my K3. "It's too big!" they'll exclaim. And despite their "technical prowess" (and this is coming from kids who use everything but still can't setup their greetings on their cell phone voice message boxs), still it makes you think.

Where is all of the stuff going?

I saw this, and while these are not very traditional, the idea of alternate ways of capturing the world around us is getting interesting:

New-School Cameras - Articles - Departures

(Oh yea. And of course, once they're done with college and start getting settled down, who do you think they'll call to take pictures of their kids?)

09-16-2014, 10:49 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kjg48359 Quote

(Oh yea. And of course, once they're done with college and start getting settled down, who do you think they'll call to take pictures of their kids?)
why do you think we practice photography so much? To take pictures of our grandchildren of course!
09-16-2014, 11:02 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I remain surprised that no camera exists that provides a square/round native image with standard landscape and portrait crop sizes built in. I see no useful reason to turn a camera sideways to obtain a portrait image with today's technology.
09-18-2014, 10:22 AM - 1 Like   #4

There are too many gimmicks in these cameras and no real substance. I like a camera to take photos, not make phone calls, videos, cook my dinner etc......
I have other devices to do those jobs.

Computer control over everything is getting to be too much these days. Perhaps that's why the dear old K1000 endears me so much.

09-18-2014, 11:26 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Trawlerman Quote
Computer control over everything is getting to be too much these days.
And it's not just computers. It's the Internet. Look for all of your appliances to offer remote control via the Internet from your phone. And I'm sure that, eventually, you'll have no option to purchase an appliance without it. Automobiles, too. I am no technophobe. I can even be called an early adapter. But just because one can do something doesn't necessarily mean one should do it.
09-18-2014, 01:46 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hey you kids, get off my lawn!!!

M