Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 27 Likes Search this Thread
12-10-2014, 08:16 AM - 1 Like   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I use Tumblr and SmugMug to share photos online. I catalog my photos on my hard-drive by date and location (geotag) at a minimum. For my wife and I, I make photo books or DVD slide-shows.

Generally, I don't worry much about the photos as much as about how I can go out and enjoy taking them. Taking photos is my hobby. Be it travel or walking around my own town, I like having a camera and just thinking of how to take a photo. Once the photo is taken, I actually don't care that much. Computer work and PP usually happen after hours or when I just can't get out to do that type of thing. Most of the time that means winter time when the days are short and the weather is cold and foggy.

12-10-2014, 10:57 AM   #62
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by emalvick Quote
I use Tumblr and SmugMug to share photos online. I catalog my photos on my hard-drive by date and location (geotag) at a minimum. For my wife and I, I make photo books or DVD slide-shows.

Generally, I don't worry much about the photos as much as about how I can go out and enjoy taking them. Taking photos is my hobby. Be it travel or walking around my own town, I like having a camera and just thinking of how to take a photo. Once the photo is taken, I actually don't care that much. Computer work and PP usually happen after hours or when I just can't get out to do that type of thing. Most of the time that means winter time when the days are short and the weather is cold and foggy.
I didn't know it but I've been waiting for a post just like this! It's how I feel but didn't realize it until you put it into words.
OTOH, one could look at Photography in the same "light". Just as language is used to convey a concept from one person to another, photography customarily uses pictures to convey a feeling. And, that being said, makes me wonder if NOT sharing is too selfish.
12-10-2014, 12:36 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Post'em on Tumblr and on facebook, get prints to hang on my walls and to give to friends, enter into competitions
12-10-2014, 03:24 PM - 2 Likes   #64

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I did a "photo of the day" for a year project - which, ahem, took more than a year, but we won't go into that. I (eventually…) printed out thumbnails of all the photos of the day and arranged them on two canvases (Jan-June and July-Dec). I had applied a kind of a washy bronze paint to the canvases already, and then I brushed over the whole thing (canvases/thumbnails) with Mod Podge. It came out rather cool-looking, and it was a great exercise in keeping one's perspective. If ever I feel that nothing happens and life can be dull, I can look at those canvases and realize how many little things add up to a good life.

12-10-2014, 05:02 PM - 1 Like   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Niefol Quote
I did a "photo of the day" for a year project - which, ahem, took more than a year, but we won't go into that. I (eventually…) printed out thumbnails of all the photos of the day and arranged them on two canvases (Jan-June and July-Dec). I had applied a kind of a washy bronze paint to the canvases already, and then I brushed over the whole thing (canvases/thumbnails) with Mod Podge. It came out rather cool-looking, and it was a great exercise in keeping one's perspective. If ever I feel that nothing happens and life can be dull, I can look at those canvases and realize how many little things add up to a good life.
That is such a great idea!! Thanks for sharing. :-) I ought to do something like that with the month long "Single In..." challenges I've been doing through the forum...
12-10-2014, 05:14 PM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The best thing I've done is process them for framing. Had these two printed (on nice photo paper) at a camera shop in Portland, OR (Blue Moon), bought some nice frames (on sale) and have the pictures out for people to enjoy. This cost me about $20 per picture with everything. I need to do more it this.
Attached Images

Last edited by OrangeKx; 12-10-2014 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Added text