Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 27 Likes Search this Thread
10-16-2014, 05:07 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What do you do with your pictures?

As the title says, I'm interested to know what everybody here does with their photos.

I've hit this photography dry-spell that just doesn't seem to come to an end. And I realise it has a lot to do with the pointlessness of it all. The world has changed a lot in a very short time. And for the things we can do with our photos photography with "real" cameras and skills seems to have become quite redundant. And the better our skills become and the better our gear becomes, the higher the contrast between the good images and little amount of ways to show that IQ becomes.

This was planned to become a poll. But at the moment I can't even think of 3 different poll options! That's how bad it is.

So please, help me get back out shooting again. What do you guys do with your pics?

10-16-2014, 05:35 AM - 5 Likes   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I print them out, then put the prints in a pile and cry myself to sleep in it
10-16-2014, 05:41 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I look at them and they remind me of all the cool places I've been to. I also use them in academic presentations, since my work involves a lot of travel.
10-16-2014, 05:56 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
I print them out, then put the prints in a pile and cry myself to sleep in it
Haha , that's quite Funny. Dude you have the Talent to be a stand up Comedian !!!

10-16-2014, 06:09 AM - 1 Like   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
As the title says, I'm interested to know what everybody here does with their photos.

I've hit this photography dry-spell that just doesn't seem to come to an end. And I realise it has a lot to do with the pointlessness of it all. The world has changed a lot in a very short time. And for the things we can do with our photos photography with "real" cameras and skills seems to have become quite redundant. And the better our skills become and the better our gear becomes, the higher the contrast between the good images and little amount of ways to show that IQ becomes.

This was planned to become a poll. But at the moment I can't even think of 3 different poll options! That's how bad it is.

So please, help me get back out shooting again. What do you guys do with your pics?
I make photo books. One after each trip and one for best photos of the year. Sometimes I make theme books. It is a good way to preserve memories and show it family and friends. It is also artistically challenging and fun to do.
10-16-2014, 06:27 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I post family pictures to flickr and share them with both friends and family world wide.
10-16-2014, 06:44 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

some of them are on my walls or my friends' walls but most of them in hard drives that probably will not see the light ever again

10-16-2014, 06:49 AM   #8
Closed Account

Photos: Albums
I take the highlights from every outing, and create a folder for my wife. When she gets the time, she uses the pictures to make digital scrapbooks. Or she sens them to places like Snapfish, and they build a little scrapbook for her. She used to have me print stuff off, and then she would make the scrapbooks the old fashioned way (still does that sometimes), but it's pretty much digital now. I also share them on FB. Say we'll go hiking one weekend, I'll process what I get, select some pictures, then post them up in an album on FB for our friends and family to see. Usually talk a little bit about what we did in the first paragraph, then talk about the lens used, and shooting conditions, etc., in the second paragraph.
10-16-2014, 07:27 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think it's very cool that you can now get large prints made on canvas or aluminum. I got a couple from The Darkroom. You just upload your image, and it comes back ready to hang. Aluminum makes the sharper, clearer image, but it also needs to hang in a place with controlled lighting or you'll get glare all over it. You can hang the canvas prints anywhere.
10-16-2014, 08:31 AM - 3 Likes   #10
Forum Member

I have taken thousands and thousands of digital photos and made a total of three framed prints. The rest sit on my computer (together with the RAW and DNG files) plus a couple of backup drives, and when I am gone no one will think to look at them. I am having fun, however.
10-16-2014, 08:33 AM   #11
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I mainly just keep my photos for myself, as memories. I post the best on different sites. I never run out of things to photograph, however; as there's always something that takes on a new "light" that makes me want to grab the camera.
10-16-2014, 08:38 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I print the best ones (landscape) to put in my office. Family photos, I scrap book and make an album every year, trying to hit high points of the last year's activities with my family. Many just end up on hard drives or, on discs that probably won't be looked at much in the future.

I do post quite a few on Flickr/500px and share them various places that way.
10-16-2014, 09:09 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I didn't know I was supposed to do something with them.
10-16-2014, 09:25 AM   #14

What I do with my pictures

I mostly post them to FB for my friends to enjoy. I belong to several groups and will only post my best images to those groups.
10-16-2014, 09:32 AM - 2 Likes   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hmmmm, just when I'm getting a bit photo-fatigued I see something on this forum which makes me think " maybe I can do that" and gives me the impetus to try something new ... recently macro-photography, but we don't have bugs to match the Australian ones.