Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-20-2014, 06:56 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by esrandall Quote
I don't see many Canikon TV spots over in the US, but they dominate the print ads. Maybe Ricoh feels the lead is too big over here, and that it would take too much time/cost too much money, to make a dent worth the cost. Maybe they're content to focus on the Japanese market. I'm not a long-timer like the majority of you all, but even to a newb like me, they don't seem interested in making a real mark in the US. Despite all of that, and coming up on my first year with my first DSLR (K-50) -- I have no regrets about the brand I went with.
As the OP....I should mention that I'm not just talking about the US marketing, but also Canada. It's the North American marketing and maybe European....but I don't know anything about what's happening Pentax wise in Europe, though isn't Pentax doing ok in France ?

---------- Post added 10-20-14 at 08:59 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Certainly - but it doesn't seem visible yet to many Forum readers. The things Ricoh is doing here now are the things that have to happen first, before we can see the 'visible' marketing the OP is talking about.

What things are Ricoh doing now ?

---------- Post added 10-20-14 at 09:03 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
I just about fell over when I saw a white Pentax K-50 on display in a Target a few months ago. Since then, I have seen the white K-50 at a couple other Target stores. Hopefully this is a good sign. It's hard to sell a camera when it's not in any stores!
Quite right. I've noticed that lately in Canada, camera stores are not carrying Pentax anymore. You can order them, but they are not on the shelves or in stock for people to see. Not good. Before they had limited visibility, now the brand is almost invisible on the market place.

10-20-2014, 03:38 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Ricoh's marketing arm is working at my local shop. They put up pop-up stands for the K-3, K-S1, and Q-S1. There's a red Ricoh/Pentax carpet on the floor too. Brochures are spilling out too. I would agree with Adam that they are on the right track. My assumption is that they are starting from the ground up. Don't assume any benefits from the past. It's a clean slate.
10-21-2014, 01:34 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
Ricoh's marketing arm is working at my local shop. They put up pop-up stands for the K-3, K-S1, and Q-S1. There's a red Ricoh/Pentax carpet on the floor too. Brochures are spilling out too. I would agree with Adam that they are on the right track. My assumption is that they are starting from the ground up. Don't assume any benefits from the past. It's a clean slate.
My two immediate reactions:
... This is really good news.
... Clean slates are good for a start. Those that have content are more informative.
10-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
They had those pop up stands too at a couple of different dealers up here. They're gone with the stock, in the past while.