Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
10-30-2014, 08:19 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Is that why so many of my photo threads got zero replies?
I think so. Love yours btw.

---------- Post added 10-30-14 at 08:31 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Except the "Why I won't buy a K-3" satire thread. That one you have to read from the beginning. No matter how many days it may take you. Otherwise you will miss vital information, crucial to the survival of Tokyo.
Or you'll just have fun reading it I suppose...
I've tried and got lost there.

10-30-2014, 08:31 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ah, thank you very much! Yes, there are a lot of great photos on these forums (and other websites as well), and this creates a problem of feedback. Many dont know if our photos are and good, how to improve them, because all we see is "views" and "likes", sometimes not even that. Only way to bridge this gap would be to integrate this forum with an audience that isnt photographers. You know, so people on G+ or FB would see these photos and comment on them, like them, etc. A larger audience, and one that doesnt produce photos themselves, would be the only way to change the ratio of "number of photos" vs. "number of viewers"

Edit: And btw, how many of you have a little "list" of favourite PF photographers? I have a list of quite a few, whose photos seem to always impress me
10-30-2014, 09:03 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ah, thank you very much! Yes, there are a lot of great photos on these forums (and other websites as well), and this creates a problem of feedback. Many dont know if our photos are and good, how to improve them, because all we see is "views" and "likes", sometimes not even that. Only way to bridge this gap would be to integrate this forum with an audience that isnt photographers. You know, so people on G+ or FB would see these photos and comment on them, like them, etc. A larger audience, and one that doesnt produce photos themselves, would be the only way to change the ratio of "number of photos" vs. "number of viewers"

Edit: And btw, how many of you have a little "list" of favourite PF photographers? I have a list of quite a few, whose photos seem to always impress me
I think, for whatever reason, you are more likely to get feedback posting in an existing thread (DA 15, K3, K5, whatever) versus posting in Post Your Photos section. I think it is just tougher for people to wade through. I am friends with a lot of Pentaxians on Flickr, so I get a lot of their photos their too.
10-30-2014, 09:04 AM - 1 Like   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Browsing the forum

What a wonderful problem to have -- thanks to Adam and the moderators! There is simply too much here for any one person to do it justice.

I think you have to concentrate on the kinds of photos you like--selecting from categories such as wedding, landscape, macro, birds, flowers, and so on. Or concentrate on clubs that relate to the equipment you have, or that you like, or that you intend to buy next, or that you would like to buy next but you know are too expensive for you, the 645z comes first to mind. Or you can go scouting for techniques that you think can help your own photography. Or you can pick out a few top photographers and follow their work.

If you are not too intimidated by the wonderful work here, you can begin posting some of our own work. I am intimidated, but I still post my own stuff, mainly landscape, flowers, and a little portraiture.

Pentax Forums is the garden of Eden of photography. Just wander around and enjoy, and so far as liking or commenting is concerrned, just let your time availability and heart guide you!

10-30-2014, 09:13 AM   #20
Veteran Member

You are not alone in this. Same question I've asked myself. And was a big disappointment for me. I've presumed that was the quality of my pictures, but... I'm not sure.
10-30-2014, 09:22 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
You are not alone in this. Same question I've asked myself. And was a big disappointment for me. I've presumed that was the quality of my pictures, but... I'm not sure.

You shouldn't dwell too much on it. Some things get noticed, some not. You can always cross post or enter competitions if you feel a particular photo is really good.

I find the fact that my photos I feel are most interesting regularly receive no attention very funny and enlightening.
10-30-2014, 09:25 AM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Just enjoy. I like seeing the wild places that I have never been and probably will never get to. I like being reminded of places that I have been. And I like to remind myself that I live somewhere pretty special and even though a lot of what I see and could photograph every day seems a bit mundane to me, it would probably be someone else's "exotic".
Exactly that!

10-30-2014, 10:34 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
If you are not too intimidated by the wonderful work here, you can begin posting some of our own work. I am intimidated, but I still post my own stuff, mainly landscape, flowers, and a little portraiture.
Intimidation? Not at all. The only time I felt intimidated was K-3 contest, but I even did not think to participate with such a pros. Even not intimidation, but more like common sense. It's like to buy a piano and apply for competition with famous musicians. I turned photo hobby into fun, curiosity and joy after passing that first time frustration between novice expectations and the reality.

The concentration of good work here is quite massive, imo. Not like other forums have very little of good work, but at least I can pass not liking more often than here. I don't know what it is. My subjective view? Old school shooters? Pentax gear? Or all together?

What really was interesting is to find out if it's just my little problems with too many likes . Now I know I'm not alone.

I think what the heck, gonna like more often, because if I pass something I like, I usually don't go back because more and more new pictures are coming.
10-30-2014, 12:19 PM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
I think what the heck, gonna like more often, because if I pass something I like, I usually don't go back because more and more new pictures are coming.
This is actually a good way to keep track of the photos you like, as on your activity overview you have a list of likes you have given.
10-30-2014, 12:21 PM   #25
Pentaxian

It's why I post in the lens clubs
10-30-2014, 12:47 PM   #26

QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
It's why I post in the lens clubs
Yes, as well as posting to the Theme threads. I find that more enjoyable for both viewing and posting over the thread-per-photo approach.