Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Latest shoot.

05-02-2015, 01:42 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The latest shoot. Thumbnail coming soon when I return to my computer.

Https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5jlo5jy1h04h1hm/AAARJNhgGxCfd9Bsd7jJf0KOa?dl=0

Last edited by Scootatheschool1990; 05-02-2015 at 02:28 PM.
05-02-2015, 02:27 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Latest shoot

---------- Post added 05-02-15 at 01:31 PM ----------

My new house I just signed.
05-19-2015, 11:48 PM   #64
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hot off the press

05-20-2015, 05:13 AM   #65
Veteran Member

Nice to see that you are getting better, and the projects you get are also improving.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i6j4fd5yr1ah0gx/AADDn06ejkkgI-vbHW_wdGLYa?dl=0#lh...20of%2029).jpg confuses me though. I think another shot that explains why there is a door in the center of the room would be good.

Also maybe always try to use the Lightroom tools for straitening lines... see what works best. You may not notice that the lines aren't straight, but once you see what Lightroom does to it you can decide what is better.

I did the last place, nice speakers and all.

You tried to Photoshop in photos onto the TV screens... you can do that, but the way you did it looks very fake. On one of them you can see part of the actual TV screen underneath, and I would use an overlay method, not sure which one (try them all to see what's most realistic). Usually TVs reflect a bit, and that should be visible underneath the picture you superimposed.

I do think you still use too much fill/have the wrong color temperature on your flashes. On some photos you can see the lamps being of the warm white variant, but your fill flash is more like daylight white, much cooler. That doesn't match up, is there no way you can stick a gel onto your flash when needed?

And you mean you bought a house? Congrats!

Last edited by kadajawi; 05-20-2015 at 05:18 AM.
05-20-2015, 08:40 AM   #66
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
Nice to see that you are getting better, and the projects you get are also improving.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i6j4fd5yr1ah0gx/AADDn06ejkkgI-vbHW_wdGLYa?dl=0#lh...20of%2029).jpg confuses me though. I think another shot that explains why there is a door in the center of the room would be good.

Also maybe always try to use the Lightroom tools for straitening lines... see what works best. You may not notice that the lines aren't straight, but once you see what Lightroom does to it you can decide what is better.

I did the last place, nice speakers and all.

You tried to Photoshop in photos onto the TV screens... you can do that, but the way you did it looks very fake. On one of them you can see part of the actual TV screen underneath, and I would use an overlay method, not sure which one (try them all to see what's most realistic). Usually TVs reflect a bit, and that should be visible underneath the picture you superimposed.

I do think you still use too much fill/have the wrong color temperature on your flashes. On some photos you can see the lamps being of the warm white variant, but your fill flash is more like daylight white, much cooler. That doesn't match up, is there no way you can stick a gel onto your flash when needed?

And you mean you bought a house? Congrats!
Are you saying to match the temp of the lamps would be better?
05-21-2015, 02:21 AM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Scootatheschool1990 Quote
Are you saying to match the temp of the lamps would be better?
I can't say it for sure, but I'd say so. It would not look so artificial... what you currently use looks a bit like daylight, but if the window is visible and the daylight is coming from the other direction, not the window, it looks odd. If warm white lights are visible maybe if you made the flash warm white it would be less noticeable. It would look more like those lights supply the light.

While humans may not notice these details consciously, they may do so subconsciously, and it may influence their decisions. As in they may have the feeling that something is wrong with that house, even if they don't know what.
06-02-2015, 11:18 AM   #68
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hot from the shop.
More (and link) coming soon. Got a lot to do this week. A LOT more to come this week

06-02-2015, 08:39 PM   #69
Veteran Member

Original Poster
looking for CC

Hey guys & gals, thoughts?
06-03-2015, 04:56 AM   #70
Veteran Member

I like a mix between the two. The sky is a bit too pink IMHO in the second, but I like the more white lights (maybe still a bit warmer). It's good that the lines are straighter now. Maybe the grass could be a bit brighter? Good shot though, well timed and lit.
06-03-2015, 01:31 PM   #71
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
I like a mix between the two. The sky is a bit too pink IMHO in the second, but I like the more white lights (maybe still a bit warmer). It's good that the lines are straighter now. Maybe the grass could be a bit brighter? Good shot though, well timed and lit.
Thanks Kadajawi. I will take those points into consideration and post the results. I've been getting a lot of feedback from friends and Flickr users and I'm hearing the same thing. Thanks!
06-07-2015, 02:59 AM   #72
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hot From the Shop Latest shoot. Still uploading at the moment so check back in a few days to see updated photos.

Last edited by Scootatheschool1990; 06-07-2015 at 03:57 AM.
06-22-2015, 11:09 PM   #73
Veteran Member

Original Poster

---------- Post added 06-22-15 at 10:11 PM ----------

Here's one of the hardest shots I've ever had to do. This shot had the 3pm sun glaring into my crappy (but I'm really grateful for) Sigma 10-20. The shadows behind me were crushing pixels to be black. Thank goodness for composite photograph/photoshopping!

06-27-2015, 07:38 PM   #74

Beautiful shots.

Minor thing on the website. The split comparative examples when hovered over shows the words "Before" on left and "After" on right, but don't correspond correctly where the single lit photo is on the right and fully lit edits on the left.
07-09-2015, 01:48 AM   #75
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Latest shoot

Dropbox. :)