Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
07-09-2015, 05:08 AM - 1 Like   #76
Pentaxian

These are quite good. I think you are getting better.

07-09-2015, 12:50 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
These are quite good. I think you are getting better.
Thanks man!
07-17-2015, 12:13 PM   #78
Veteran Member

Original Poster
One of my favorites to edit, not only because it was a nice-ish house, but because the windows let in a lot of soft light
08-09-2015, 10:04 PM - 1 Like   #79
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Straight from the shop. The photoshop that is...

Still more photos to be edited.

---------- Post added 08-09-15 at 09:05 PM ----------

---------- Post added 08-09-15 at 09:06 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Scootatheschool1990 Quote

These photos were taken a few days ago. Some images took me well over 1hr to edit.

---------- Post added 08-09-15 at 09:08 PM ----------

Last one of the day!! I promise

---------- Post added 08-09-15 at 09:09 PM ----------

---------- Post added 08-09-15 at 09:06 PM ----------

These photos were taken a few days ago. Some images took me well over 1hr to edit.

---------- Post added 08-09-15 at 09:08 PM ----------

Last one of the day!! I promise

Okay, I lied. Enjoy

08-10-2015, 01:33 AM   #80

Photos: Albums
Great photo, but the left side of the frame is super soft.

QuoteQuote:
Still, very nice and inspiring. I'll have to give this another read through.

Lastly, have you seen Sean Bagshaw of Outdoor Exposure Photography? Some of his workflow with luminosity masking for hand blending multiple exposures might prove useful for some of your shots where blown highlights and high contrast between windows/interiors cause headaches.
08-10-2015, 07:03 AM - 1 Like   #81
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Finchj Quote
Great photo, but the left side of the frame is super soft.

Still, very nice and inspiring. I'll have to give this another read through.

Lastly, have you seen Sean Bagshaw of Outdoor Exposure Photography? Some of his workflow with luminosity masking for hand blending multiple exposures might prove useful for some of your shots where blown highlights and high contrast between windows/interiors cause headaches.
Yeah, I love his work. He and Tony Kuyper did a video series I really enjoyed. I didn't have the patience to sit and watch everything. I will make a point to go through and review it again slowly.

Thanks, yeah the left side is super soft. I don't know why. The lens is usually sharp all around but that day it wasn't. Hmmmmmm....

Thanks for all your feedback!
08-14-2015, 03:28 PM   #82
Veteran Member

Original Poster
A case study of dynamic range test
total of 12 exposures hand blended.

08-19-2015, 12:57 PM   #83
Veteran Member

I'm just now stumbling across this thread. Your photos are fantastic, but I think your before/after labels must be reversed on the website. Or I'm completely misunderstanding. For example, the very first photo... surely the sunset picture with the lovely warmth coming from the interior lighting is the "after," right? But the "after" label is on the other photo.
08-23-2015, 01:21 AM   #84
Veteran Member

That DR test is impressive. You mean that was one image?

I don't have proper image, so I can't see all photos, but you've gotten a lot better lately. It looks like you are using less flash and rely more on natural light (or get your flashes to look more natural).
08-23-2015, 02:55 AM   #85
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You are doing great work. Thanks for sharing.
08-27-2015, 04:30 AM   #86
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lavascript Quote
I'm just now stumbling across this thread. Your photos are fantastic, but I think your before/after labels must be reversed on the website. Or I'm completely misunderstanding. For example, the very first photo... surely the sunset picture with the lovely warmth coming from the interior lighting is the "after," right? But the "after" label is on the other photo.
Thanks Lava,

I am so grateful you found my work and paged through it! Thanks! I realized it could actually go either way you look at it: revealing the before, or taking away the before. Thanks for your concern though! Thank you!

---------- Post added 08-27-15 at 03:32 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
That DR test is impressive. You mean that was one image?

I don't have proper image, so I can't see all photos, but you've gotten a lot better lately. It looks like you are using less flash and rely more on natural light (or get your flashes to look more natural).
Thanks for the comments, I really do appreciate your feedback Kadajawi.

The photo above is 12 images in one, sorry for the misunderstanding.

---------- Post added 08-27-15 at 03:32 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
You are doing great work. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for leaving your comment. I love hearing it's appreciated
11-18-2015, 09:40 PM   #87
Veteran Member

Original Poster
House Update. Not the prettiest, but a fun shoot. The house was AWFULLY dark inside and so strobes were mandatory for quality photos. The house received barely any natural light. I keep telling myself that when I buy my first house, or build it, I'll implement some of the most amazing natural lighting ideas because it is just so nice to have natural lighting. I've been doing a lot of school lately so I haven't had too many photoshoots with real estate so It was fun to jump back into it!
Link
11-19-2015, 12:21 PM   #88
Veteran Member

House Update. Not the prettiest, but a fun shoot. The house was AWFULLY dark inside and so strobes were mandatory for quality photos. The house received barely any natural light. I keep telling myself that when I buy my first house, or build it, I'll implement some of the most amazing natural lighting ideas because it is just so nice to have natural lighting. I've been doing a lot of school lately so I haven't had too many photoshoots with real estate so It was fun to jump back into it!
Link
Lovely angles! The yellow light is awful though. Do you have any CTO gels for your strobes?
11-26-2015, 08:40 AM   #89
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JibbaJab Quote
Lovely angles! The yellow light is awful though. Do you have any CTO gels for your strobes?
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I should have totally use a CTO huh? But that also makes the outside extremely blue. The best thing to do is use ambient %100. But this house was extremely dark inside. A nightmare. I know, I tried to tone down the saturation on yellows. Ugh.
12-05-2015, 06:22 PM   #90
Forum Member

Pentax gear has been great with supplying a cost effective option to capture real estate images. I had an adventure getting to where I am now and I thought I would reach out to anyone else wanting to maybe jump into the same field of real estate photography. So to anyone who wants advice, I'd like to help in any way I can. No HDR, just flash and hand blended multiple exposures.

Here's a link to my most recent photo shoot (Dropbox)
Here's a link to my website
  • Pentax k5, 31mm ltd,
  • 10-20mm sigma 4-5.6,
  • 60-250,
  • 6 YN560 (nikon mount) flashes (3x mk iii versions)
  • YN560 (650 tx) flash controller,
  • Manfroto tripod,
  • Umbrellas,
  • Photoshop
  • lightroom
As a REALTOR, I am totally impressed with your work, presentation and pricing. I don't know if you know about this website: http://photographyforrealestate.net/

It is has great resources for the technical side as well as the business side of a RE photography business.