Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2014, 08:35 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by flaviopetrone Quote
About this I am totally disagree with you. I understand who needs these lenses to try to win them, I am trying too. But if this contest would be for a 18:55 WR, be sure that I would not participate, because I already own it and I don't need another one. I would leave the more chances to people who needs. This is the right way to belong to a community.
Awesome. you have a strong point here.

11-02-2014, 08:40 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AbadPhotography Quote

Yes I don't have much time either. But when I analys my "computer time" and see what I do on here. It is usually spent looking at expensive tripod legs and researching pricey gear. So instead I can just be on the forums for ten minutes and get something done for once.
Ha, true!
I've been very active on this forum even before this little giveaway, so I guess nothing is changing for me...
Tripods, check
11-02-2014, 08:42 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AbadPhotography Quote
Awesome. you have a strong point here.
Sorry if I looked strong towards you, but this is what I think.
11-02-2014, 08:43 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by flaviopetrone Quote
About this I am totally disagree with you. I understand who needs these lenses to try to win them, I am trying too. But if this contest would be for a 18:55 WR, be sure that I would not participate, because I already own it and I don't need another one. I would leave the more chances to people who needs. This is the right way to belong to a community.
The 18-55 is not even remotely in the same league/price range as the two lenses offered...
However it's really refreshing to see such goodwill around.
I won't win the 50 for sure, but I think I'd leave it to the second place winner if I was to come out on top.
The 77 and the 15? No chance! :P

11-02-2014, 11:15 AM   #20

Photos: Gallery
Well it's worth a shot, I've never had a limited so why not!
11-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
The 18-55 is not even remotely in the same league/price range as the two lenses offered...
It is not about the value, I'm talking of fairness.
11-02-2014, 11:33 AM - 1 Like   #22
Closed Account

There was the earlier giveaway for the DA 50 f/1.8. I met the criteria for the contest, but didn't enter, as I already have the lens. In the spirit of community, I figured it would be cool to let somebody else have a shot who didn't already own it, but at the same time it would be nice to win it; sell it; use cash for another lens. Just a preference, no right or wrong. Contests in themselves promote community and forum activity, so that's always a good thing. For those that cry about the influx of spam, I hear you, but then of course, nobody is forcing you to read any of it. The community itself seems to do a pretty good job of letting spam threads/posts die, or they chomp on them hard enough that a lot of the posters just go away.

11-02-2014, 12:52 PM - 1 Like   #23

i've been posting, commenting and liking a lot since yesterday, hope all do the same so we all have a lot of fun!
11-02-2014, 01:02 PM   #24
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by PabloFP Quote
i've been posting, commenting and liking a lot since yesterday, hope all do the same so we all have a lot of fun!
Yeah, that's what it's supposed to be all about. I don't put much into people complaining about the rules of free giveaways/contests. It's just another way to drive interest/activity. Always a good thing.
11-02-2014, 01:16 PM   #25
Veteran Member

I read the rules, and I'm not getting it. As I see that my favorite place is upside down recently All November?!
11-02-2014, 04:30 PM - 1 Like   #26
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by esrandall Quote
There was the earlier giveaway for the DA 50 f/1.8. I met the criteria for the contest, but didn't enter, as I already have the lens. In the spirit of community, I figured it would be cool to let somebody else have a shot who didn't already own it, but at the same time it would be nice to win it; sell it; use cash for another lens. Just a preference, no right or wrong. Contests in themselves promote community and forum activity, so that's always a good thing. For those that cry about the influx of spam, I hear you, but then of course, nobody is forcing you to read any of it. The community itself seems to do a pretty good job of letting spam threads/posts die, or they chomp on them hard enough that a lot of the posters just go away.
There has been some re-gifting going on, which is a nice touch too, if one wins a lens you already own. Of course, I don't own one of the lenses in this offer, but that's my 5c worth anyway!
11-02-2014, 04:45 PM - 1 Like   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
There has been some re-gifting going on, which is a nice touch too, if one wins a lens you already own. Of course, I don't own one of the lenses in this offer, but that's my 5c worth anyway!
Exactly. Last 50mm giveaway was because a member won it in another giveaway but he already has one, so he just run a new giveaway. That's fair.
11-02-2014, 05:28 PM - 1 Like   #28
Veteran Member

I'm new to photography and this contest is just too sweet to pass by, one of the 3 lens is good enough for me
11-02-2014, 06:28 PM   #29
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by redcat Quote
I'm new to photography and this contest is just too sweet to pass by, one of the 3 lens is good enough for me
Same here, so it's a can't lose opportunity. I have a couple nice lenses with my Tamrons, but nothing like these. One look at the threads dedicated to them and it's clear why they're regarded as a cut or five, above the rest.
11-02-2014, 06:50 PM - 1 Like   #30
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've got the 15mm and the 77mm. The 50 FL is well-covereved by the *55mm, the original K55mm and a very special A 50 mm f:1.2. I'm with flaviopetrone; may the best need win.