Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 70 Likes Search this Thread
11-01-2014, 05:56 PM - 9 Likes   #1

Give it a try...? Why bother?

Hello friends. Pentax forums has announced yet another give away! Two of the best lenses to the forums most well recieved member. If your like me then you have already decided that this is another perfectly good golden opportunity to sit and watch pass by because you feel you just won't win.

The truth is I am not content to sit and watch this contest pass me by. I could actually USE one of these lenses and I really want the FA 77. And quite frankly, I am tired of letting such giveaways pass me by. So c'mon! Give it a try! post as much as you can each day people, and let's give feedback, like each others posts, and explore the forums like we haven't before.

If you've taken a moment to read this short statement and respond I wish to thank you by liking your post. Thanks again friends, I hope to hear what you all have to say.

11-01-2014, 06:32 PM - 3 Likes   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't need any of the three lenses so you don't have to like me.

Steve
11-01-2014, 06:51 PM - 1 Like   #3

Photos: Gallery
I suppose I could contribute a little more to the community
11-01-2014, 07:18 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

In the spirit of community and the contest, I post for thee.

11-01-2014, 07:57 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm pretty sure I can't reasonably compete, but it's fun to look at the prizes. Although, I could really use a 77 in my lineup...
11-01-2014, 07:58 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Veteran Member

A competition that will generate more fluff than my washing machine filter
11-01-2014, 08:06 PM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm just hoping that the increased post count will lead to interesting discussions. I barely have time to keep up with the forum as it is, so I'm certain I have little chance of winning. However, I'm always happy for whoever wins. Good luck!

--Steve

11-01-2014, 08:12 PM - 1 Like   #8
Forum Member

Would love to have those lenses. But at the same time i feel that my skills aren't up to par and they'd show their true potential in better hands... So I tip my hat to you, good sir!
That 77mm looks like it'll fit snuggly in my bag too!
11-01-2014, 09:39 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AbadPhotography Quote
Hello friends. Pentax forums has announced yet another give away! Two of the best lenses to the forums most well recieved member. If your like me then you have already decided that this is another perfectly good golden opportunity to sit and watch pass by because you feel you just won't win.

The truth is I am not content to sit and watch this contest pass me by. I could actually USE one of these lenses and I really want the FA 77. And quite frankly, I am tired of letting such giveaways pass me by. So c'mon! Give it a try! post as much as you can each day people, and let's give feedback, like each others posts, and explore the forums like we haven't before.

If you've taken a moment to read this short statement and respond I wish to thank you by liking your post. Thanks again friends, I hope to hear what you all have to say.
Well, I could always use a good lens!
11-02-2014, 01:58 AM - 1 Like   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
77 limited

Good luck getting the 77 limited. I now have the K-3 and the 77 limited, and feel that combo is really tops.
11-02-2014, 04:26 AM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

I'm agree. Like I said in another post, I am not very happy of the rules, but it is just my opinion. It is great to have so gret prices for free, so in the end it is ok. And I'm thankful to belong to this forum because it is a great source for every photographer. Good luck with "your" 77mm.
11-02-2014, 05:49 AM - 1 Like   #12
Veteran Member

Hi,
I'm not sure if asking/offering "likes" is allowed, but I will nonetheless express my view on the contest.
Maybe a mod will pop and say something at some point, and I'll abide to that.

I don't think I need the 77mm, I already have that focal pretty much covered by a 55mm f/1.8 and a 100mm f/2.8, it's just a matter of steps forward/backwards after that...
I really lust (I have been since some time) after a (very) wide quality prime though, so my "target" is the 15mm...
I think that, in the unlikely eventuality that I win something, I might also try and PM the other winner proposing an exchange (if it is possible/allowed).
One can dream, no?

I don't think I'll have time to compete for first place not even for one day, competition is really fierce and I don't have much time ATM...
I think I'll settle for 10th place every day, building up a few points, and then hope for the best.
Good luck with your challenge!
11-02-2014, 06:06 AM - 1 Like   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
I think I'll settle for 10th place every day, building up a few points, and then hope for the best.
This is wise too.
Goog luck for "your" wide angle!
11-02-2014, 08:05 AM   #14

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I don't need any of the three lenses so you don't have to like me.

Steve
Too late!

---------- Post added 11-02-14 at 09:12 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
In the spirit of community and the contest, I post for thee.
Thank you!

---------- Post added 11-02-14 at 09:16 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
Hi,
I'm not sure if asking/offering "likes" is allowed, but I will nonetheless express my view on the contest.
Maybe a mod will pop and say something at some point, and I'll abide to that.

I don't think I need the 77mm, I already have that focal pretty much covered by a 55mm f/1.8 and a 100mm f/2.8, it's just a matter of steps forward/backwards after that...
I really lust (I have been since some time) after a (very) wide quality prime though, so my "target" is the 15mm...
I think that, in the unlikely eventuality that I win something, I might also try and PM the other winner proposing an exchange (if it is possible/allowed).
One can dream, no?

I don't think I'll have time to compete for first place not even for one day, competition is really fierce and I don't have much time ATM...
Yes I don't have much time either. But when I analys my "computer time" and see what I do on here. It is usually spent looking at expensive tripod legs and researching pricey gear. So instead I can just be on the forums for ten minutes and get something done for once.

---------- Post added 11-02-14 at 09:24 AM ----------

Thanks for the response friends. But I'm noticing the comments "I don't need these lenses". True, yes, but just imagine this. Your offered a brand new 2015 Lexus IS(Im not saying the lens is a lexus or comparable) for free with just a few stipulations. Would you say "You know what, I already got a car, I don't need another. No thanks man." No you wouldn't! So just take the danged car and have fun with it! Likewise the forums are offering a giveaway so why not try to win. Just try a little.
11-02-2014, 08:30 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AbadPhotography Quote
Would you say "You know what, I already got a car, I don't need another. No thanks man." No you wouldn't! So just take the danged car and have fun with it! Likewise the forums are offering a giveaway so why not try to win. Just try a little.
About this I am totally disagree with you. I understand who needs these lenses to try to win them, I am trying too. But if this contest would be for a 18:55 WR, be sure that I would not participate, because I already own it and I don't need another one. I would leave the more chances to people who needs. This is the right way to belong to a community.