Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-02-2014, 01:07 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great Warranty service

I just want to send out some kudos to Pentax warranty service in Europe, and let anyone who is on the edge with Pentax know that they can count on Pentax support. I had an issue with my new Pentax flash after a few months where it wasnt locking securely on to the camera. I tried to work through it and....bamm...I was doing a wedding and it fell of the camera and crashed to the floor....fortunately I shoot with two cameras, so I was OK, but the flash took some considerable damage.....But when I contacted Pentax they repaired the flash at no cost....It was a strong affirmation of support from Pentax which I appreciatted....and a good feeling to know they are there for us....Pentaxians

11-02-2014, 01:37 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for posting this. We see so many bad stories, it is good to see a good one as well.

I suspect most repairs are actually handled just fine and we only see the horror stories actually posted.
11-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Albums
Agreed. People seem to take the good for granted, but the bad fires them up in a way that they want to let everybody know. I'm usually 50/50 on it, but there's definitely something about a bad experience that gets the ire going.
11-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Thanks for posting this. We see so many bad stories, it is good to see a good one as well.

I suspect most repairs are actually handled just fine and we only see the horror stories actually posted.
I had to post it I was so impressed.....actually the original repair center here in Greece wasnt going to cover the warranty, since they said I should have sent it in when I realized the locking mechanism wasnt working well, but then I wrote to Pentax directly and the aftermarket team, took over and made sure it was taken care of on a very personal level.

---------- Post added 11-02-14 at 10:45 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by esrandall Quote
Agreed. People seem to take the good for granted, but the bad fires them up in a way that they want to let everybody know. I'm usually 50/50 on it, but there's definitely something about a bad experience that gets the ire going.
well....After years of supporting and using Pentax professionaly and exclusively...I admit, if they hadnt been there for me, I would have probably raged a bit....but the fact is they were very professional and supportive and I felt it was important to pass that on...I see that as another bonus to going with Pentax now.

11-02-2014, 01:48 PM   #5
Closed Account

Photos: Albums
@phoenixvision -- Oh I hear you, and not slamming you, or anybody else that does rage. Just seems that the crappy experience brings out the fire in people, So nice to see somebody comment on a good experience. Helps keep the faith
11-12-2014, 02:19 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by esrandall Quote
@phoenixvision -- Oh I hear you, and not slamming you, or anybody else that does rage. Just seems that the crappy experience brings out the fire in people, So nice to see somebody comment on a good experience. Helps keep the faith
Thanks...I didnt think you were slamming me.....And I do think it is important to point out the good experiences...somehow it seems we are programmed to express our outrage a lot easier than our joy....and to sit back once we are satisfied....but the service was outstandng...Hope I cna say the same this time.....it needs repair again..this time it was my bad.....I worked that flash hard this summer..