Are you a Pentax/Ricoh User? 685.71%
Would you like to see Ricoh have Photography Competions? 685.71%
Would you participate if they did? 685.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2014, 09:56 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Ricoh/Pentax Annual Photography Competition

I "googled" to see if Ricoh/Pentax has an annual Photography Competition and such as Nikon, Sony, and Canon do.
I came up with no results.
It seems to me that it would behoove Pentax/Ricoh to have a user competition for amateur and professional photographers.
The resulting images would show the outstanding performance of their cameras in the user's hands!
SEEING IS BELIEVING!
This would give Ricoh "Bang for their Buck" in advertising!
I am starting a poll, please participate.

---------- Post added 11-03-14 at 11:04 AM ----------

This Poll is screwed up! I tried editing it for "yes" "no" options and it posted instead! Anyone know how to edit it?

11-03-2014, 10:32 AM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Albums
I just selected the third choice, figured that would make the other two obvious. Not sure on this board, but you may be able to edit the thread in advanced options, and change your poll there.
11-03-2014, 10:53 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Poll edited to allow all 3 to be selected... though it probably needs to be further modified to be a Yes/No Poll instead. This would required starting over though.

Mike
PF Moderation Team
11-03-2014, 10:58 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I've never been big fans of photo contests because the organizers tend to want exclusive rights to entries regardless of winning or losing.

No one gets exclusive rights to my photos unless you are paying me a good sum of money.

11-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nomadkng Quote
I've never been big fans of photo contests because the organizers tend to want exclusive rights to entries regardless of winning or losing.
No one gets exclusive rights to my photos unless you are paying me a good sum of money.
Agreed. And Ricoh would have to comply if they want me to join.
11-03-2014, 07:08 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for Edit

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Poll edited to allow all 3 to be selected... though it probably needs to be further modified to be a Yes/No Poll instead. This would required starting over though.

Mike
PF Moderation Team
Thanks, I tried editing, didn't even find a button! It kept sending me to a different page.
I also didn't see an option to do yes/no.
Thanks for making it functional anyway!

---------- Post added 11-03-14 at 08:11 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by nomadkng Quote

Really? I've not noted any claiming exclusive rights unless they are the winning photos and for large prizes.
Thanks for the tip though, I'll read the fine print!

---------- Post added 11-03-14 at 08:12 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Agreed. And Ricoh would have to comply if they want me to join.
What do you mean "comply"?
11-04-2014, 06:59 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Moved to proper area.