Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wonder what's the catch!
11-04-2014, 06:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
You may find your photos used in their advertisements.
11-04-2014, 07:04 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Amazon Prime is $99/year. Because you also get shipping benefits, it may encourage you to buy more stuff from them.
All of Amazon's promotions seem to be designed to drive more customers to them rather than short-term profit.

11-04-2014, 07:19 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
The catch: all of your personal data will henceforth become property of the [country_name] government !
11-05-2014, 04:42 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
when I read the first message- I was very happy, but when I read - comments for this post, I am very upset
11-05-2014, 06:31 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
The catch: all of your personal data will henceforth become property of the [country_name] government !
Oh, i'm suspicious enough to believe that!

11-11-2014, 06:58 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gor80 Quote
when I read the first message- I was very happy, but when I read - comments for this post, I am very upset
There is a user agreement. Read it. If you do not like the terms to not use the service. Way too much paranoia here. Amazon regularly adds services to make Amazon Prime more attractive, especially since they recently raised the price. Nothing is completely safe anywhere on the Internet. The same applies to driving on the interstate.
11-12-2014, 05:27 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
There is a user agreement. Read it. If you do not like the terms to not use the service. Way too much paranoia here. Amazon regularly adds services to make Amazon Prime more attractive, especially since they recently raised the price. Nothing is completely safe anywhere on the Internet. The same applies to driving on the interstate.
Is it that we just don't trust big corporations?
11-13-2014, 05:33 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Amazon Prime IIRC gives you music streaming, eBook rental, TV show and movie streaming and next day shipping flat rate for $99, so that's a good deal for some, and they added a bit more to make it even more attractive. Don't be too paranoid, worry more about the safety of your passwords.

However I use CrashPlan for my backups. The files are encrypted with a key on my computer, so CrashPlan doesn't have access to it. They offer versioning and unlimited storage, and have saved my ass a few times. More expensive than Amazon Prime, but for backups better. And you can backup things like raw files, Lightroom catalog, documents, ...
11-13-2014, 03:56 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
Amazon Prime IIRC gives you music streaming, eBook rental, TV show and movie streaming and next day shipping flat rate for $99, so that's a good deal for some, and they added a bit more to make it even more attractive. Don't be too paranoid, worry more about the safety of your passwords.

However I use CrashPlan for my backups. The files are encrypted with a key on my computer, so CrashPlan doesn't have access to it. They offer versioning and unlimited storage, and have saved my ass a few times. More expensive than Amazon Prime, but for backups better. And you can backup things like raw files, Lightroom catalog, documents, ...
That sounds like a better system!