Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
11-04-2014, 06:14 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lioness sniffs photographer, then turns up nose.

Some of you may have seen this , worth a look if you have not. The bloke has carhonahs or no brains.
Photographer Nearly Becomes Lioness Food with Camera in Hand

11-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Albums
Wow! He was standing so still. I liked the look of relief on his face after she walked away. I'm not afraid of much, but when she doubled back, and walked up to him, I might have been pooping my pants a bit...
11-04-2014, 06:46 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by esrandall Quote
Wow! He was standing so still. I liked the look of relief on his face after she walked away. I'm not afraid of much, but when she doubled back, and walked up to him, I might have been pooping my pants a bit...
There is no way I would have been standing there in the first place, would have been long gone. Makes you wonder who was filming it and from where?
11-04-2014, 06:54 PM   #4
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by gmans Quote
There is no way I would have been standing there in the first place, would have been long gone. Makes you wonder who was filming it and from where?
No kidding. I would have been crapping my pants just filming.

11-04-2014, 06:58 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Obviously the loiness does not like togs, maybe she tried one before.
11-04-2014, 07:18 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Obviously the loiness does not like togs, maybe she tried one before.

Too much D-76 and Rodinol in them.
11-04-2014, 07:20 PM   #7

Yeah, I think if I'm going on a camera safari, I'm riding in one of those big armored truck things. Holy smokes, I was waiting to see his pants start to darken.

11-04-2014, 07:30 PM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

You guys remind me of my buddy Paul.

His dad once told him... "If a bear ever charges you throw poop at him."
"Where do I get the poop.?"
"Don't worry, you'll have lots."
11-04-2014, 08:22 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
You guys remind me of my buddy Paul.

His dad once told him... "If a bear ever charges you throw poop at him."
"Where do I get the poop.?"
"Don't worry, you'll have lots."
Well now we know what Paul does in the woods.
11-04-2014, 09:07 PM   #10
Veteran Member

She's so beautiful. So tempting just to run a hand over her back as she walks away, but of course only a fool would have. :P It always amazes me how much the big cats are like the little ones. The only real difference is a small cat can't bite your head off! She looked just like one of my cats checking out something interesting. Lovely animal. I envy him the view.

I saw a cheetah barf a hairball once. It was hilarious. Same exact "Uck, Uck, Uck" sound my cats make, then a huge "URP!" and then tons of hair and vomit. Same old same old, it was just a bigger cat. I'd hate to be a zoo keeper actually. Clean up is bad enough when they're small cats. Can you imagine the mess big cats must leave? They must leave messes the size of bowling balls out in the wild. You'd have to watch your feet on safari, for sure....
11-04-2014, 10:49 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's almost as brainless (standing that close to a lion) as the folks that have been taking selfies with bears. I don't think that being eaten by a large animal would be a good way to end your life.
11-04-2014, 11:17 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Well, I'd rather die in my sleep of old age but if not being mauled by a big cat might be appropriate actually. I've spent my whole life adoring cats, big and small, defending them, working causes for big cat conservation and small cat rescue. I've been owned by felines since birth I think. I can't think of any creature on this planet I like more, and that includes cats vs humans most of the time. I don't think I'd really mind being food for lions except for the fact that me being so might lead to said lions being killed sadly...
11-05-2014, 02:51 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Yes, the photographer has experienced a couple of very pleasant not seconds, thanks for the video !!!
11-05-2014, 03:00 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
To be fair there probably, was some reasoning behind the bloke standing there motionless and was probably the best course of action as flight would more than likely provoke a attack. They where filming and may have lost contact with one of the pride and she as wondered up on him unexpectedly.
11-05-2014, 04:46 PM   #15
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
then turns up nose
I think we know why she turned up her nose... clean breeks would have been required.