Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-11-2014, 12:34 PM - 1 Like   #1

Is this a bad service center or is it just me !? I need help!

Hi there guys, I am looking for an email for Ricoh representitive for whole Europe, I need a more global one (not the local for the country).

Excuse my bad english,please!

The reason I am looking for this is because my disapointment from the official Ricoh service center for Pentax DSLRs in Bulgaria and then by the local representitive.

I am Pentax user since 2010 with K20D(my first dslr) and now with K-5,but now maybe everything will finish with this one ...

Here is the story of how I got disgusted from the brand I used to love so much :

The K20D experience !
Everything started in 2010 when my K20D got a problem with long exposure night photos - every photo got that strange pattern after a LE (see photo below), after a talk with the service center they told me that the problem will be solved after changing the sensor block. After 3(three) weeks in the service center I've got my camera back ... and the very first night when I went to shoot ... these patterns where visible once again! After I called the next day they told ... - because weren't sure that changing the sensor will resolve the problem, we just put the camera body to M-Test (What the heck was this M-test !?) so please send us again your camera. So what is exactly what I did and start waiting - 2 weeks more and my camera was sent to me again... after I took it home to put the lens (18-55WR back then) I realized that the autofocus was not working at all ..... and agaain the very same moment I called the service to ask whats goin on - they told me that this is their error and forgot to connect the autofocus module. So they told me to send it back again ! but this time with the lens. So I packed everything the same day and send it back again there in THAT SERVICE CENTER (From hell) , and after a week or so the courier company told me to go and take my camera from their office, and after opening my package what do you think I found ? my camera and lens where all without caps not the body nor the lens ... so the body and the lens where full of the cushioning matterial they put in the courier companies in the packages, since I wasn't very happy with that scene I called them again ! to ask whats goin on and why this happens ... these guys told me that - We sorry for the inconvinience,we rly sorry for the error, we will send you the caps to you , but since you have such a dslr, you should be able to clean in it by yourself!

K-5 problems...
My first problem (this year - 2014) with K-5 was that after a shooting the whole camera frezzes and nothing worked exept removing the battery,which was resetting the camera.
After a call with the same service center(the official one) they told me that this is caused by some motor in the camera which must be changed - so changing that motor took them 3 weeks, once again I went to the courier office to take my camera ... and after I opened the case I saw this .... A fingerprint on my mirror ! A cable out of the flash, and a missing screw! (see the photos below) so I've tested the camera if it is working and went shooting cuz I hadn't any time to send it back .... so I shooted for a while with my fancy lookin' camera.
Few months later my dial for changing the camera modes stopped working. So once again ... I send it to the service center with the notes about the fingerprint, the screw and the cable .... and again waiting for 3( once again 3) weeks to get my camera ... with cleaned mirror, recovered screw and put back cable. BUT NOT WITH WORKING DIAL !!!!! After this moment I called the local representitve for a help with this guys. After a few calls they told me that they are working on my problem so... just to sit back and wait ... but since my patience was expired I gave them a week or so before calling them .... and the girl on the phone told me ... that the service center is full of professionals and this is somehow unbelieveble so the only solution to my problem is to send it back for repair to the very same center which broken my cameras more than I've did .....

I am not sure how the things are goin on with the service centers in your countries .... if my case is something normal please tell me so not to bother any officials in Ricoh ....

Best regards.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo         
11-11-2014, 01:36 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
They do not sound too "professional".
11-11-2014, 03:51 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That is unbelievably poor service! Take it up directly with Ricoh.
11-11-2014, 11:18 PM   #4

Original Poster
That's why I need their email address? Cuz I couldn't find it

11-12-2014, 01:04 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Bratko, take it to Ricoh Pentax Japan straight... They will take care of the rest. Here is the form (hope link is working for you):

https://www1.cws.ricoh.co.jp/sss/Inq/inqInfo?name=dc_e_contact
11-12-2014, 06:08 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I am very sorry for everything is happened to you. Definitely you need to contact directly Ricoh Japan, because it is the only way they can realise what is happening and give the assistance to another company more professional!
11-12-2014, 06:14 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thank you guys, I've filled the contact form which RAART gave me! I hope that this will be enough... But if you have any other ideas please share them. Thank you.!

11-12-2014, 07:52 AM   #8
Pentaxian

this truly is the service centre from hell.can you let us know from which country you're from? When I had a problem with my K-50 (aperture mechanism), i demanded that the dealer send my camera to Ricoh in France. I live in Cyprus by the way, and the service centre is not even here, its in Greece.But I demanded it to be sent to Ricoh, so they did just that since the camera came back with the invoice from Ricoh. The camera was still under warranty however.
11-12-2014, 07:59 AM   #9

Original Poster
I am from Bulgaria and the service center is here... My camera is under warranty too.... Same as you I demanded my camera to be sent in another service center... But they refused... That's why I am writing this post, and to Ricoh Japan!
11-12-2014, 10:22 AM   #10
Pentaxian

You do that but they will probably direct you to the European headquarters, which if im not mistaken are in France. Good luck with it.
11-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #11

Original Poster
Still no response from them.... So sad
11-20-2014, 04:38 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's unusual. Send it again.