Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
11-15-2014, 08:28 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
best custom calendar service?

I wasn't sure which sub-forum to put this in. Hope this is ok.

I would like to create some custom calendars to give as gifts this year. It wouldn't be a bulk order, just a few. In the past, I've used Shutterfly and they are fine, but I was hoping to give something a little classier this year. Something nice and glossy and high quality.

I was wondering if any of you have had experience with any sites that do really high quality custom calendars and do you have any recommendations? I've done a Google search and it is a bit overwhelming, but there's lots of info. In this case, I'm looking for personal experiences from fellow Pentaxians.

Thanks in advance!

11-15-2014, 08:56 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Vista print does a nice job. I've used them for three years. Watch for deals, 50% off comes along regularly.
11-15-2014, 11:39 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

I use Mpix.com for any custom printing needs. Everything they do is good, reasonably priced and fast. Highly recommended.
11-15-2014, 12:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I think I'm going with Mpix. Thank you, Jim! Vistaprint looks similar to Shutterfly so I'll go for something a little different this year.

I couldn't really find exactly what I was looking for, but hopefully Mpix will come close.

11-15-2014, 01:26 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Depends on how custom you want to go.

An alternative (and it depends on your existing software) is to download a calendar template, populate it with your images and important dates, and then print it yourself. Folks then cut off and save the 11x8-in image after the month passes. Of course your supply costs and time invested are a lot more than using an Mpix template but it's probably more personal.

I do this with 12x18-in glossy paper using InDesign, but I believe Word and Excel templates are out there for 2015.

M
11-15-2014, 03:26 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Miguel, but I don't have a photo printer.
11-15-2014, 08:33 PM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Artscow has a special on. Dunno if they are "classy" enough for you, but they are on heavy card stock & spiral bound... I've had prints from Shutterfly but never a calendar, because shipping to Canada costs too much. I've had Artscow calendars for a couple years now; sold 90-some to tourists & locals last year; haven't finished with this year's. They are very popular & I think they are nice quality. Just another option. (Not to mention they make tons of other photo gift items which are generally great quality. And, have a pretty good design program with lots of extras you can add.)
Hope you find something you like. I searched all over the 'net for a calendar printer at a reasonable price.

Last edited by Alliecat; 11-15-2014 at 08:39 PM.
11-16-2014, 12:51 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Alliecat! That's one I hadn't heard of. I'll check them out