Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
11-27-2014, 10:33 AM   #16
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
The "real" cameras are intimidating or what?
Us Toy Camera shooters seldom have those problems. People hardly notice a Toy Camera...after all, it's just a toy!

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/257...fess-here.html

Regards!

11-27-2014, 11:13 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Nicely done ... quite funny actually.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Happy to see that it all worked out. You should mail her a photo of the bird and also one complimenting her on her new roof! You know her address.....I bet that would ease her anxiety and maybe even put a mile on her face???

Regards!

Yea... that might end up badly for him though... then she has leverage over him since he is "obviously" stalking her and send her mails...
11-27-2014, 05:41 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I don't know man. I think you should have at least been tazed. :Hysterical:

Go to your room, Blue! And don't come out until you can behave!

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA
11-30-2014, 10:00 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good greif. Gotta love people these days.

11-30-2014, 11:06 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by grog85361 Quote
Good greif. Gotta love people these days.

Yep, that's what I thought. But, you never know what's going on in someone's life. I feel sorry for people who are in that agitated state of mind. It's not good for the soul.

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA
11-30-2014, 03:37 PM   #21
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
A few things about the photo that caught my attention: there's a neighborhood watch sign at the corner (she maybe takes that a tad bit too seriously). Then I noticed some yellow line strewn around the corner of her house (probably some of that crime scene tape!). Then I see a bunch of roofers on her roof (all that hammering might have driven her to madness).

At least it ended peacefully. It is sad that she was unable to be a bit more relaxed about the situation.
12-08-2014, 01:08 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I had a woman in my park go absolutely ballistic on me for photographing her Christmas lawn display one night. I was actually asked to by the woman that does our monthly flyer and I finally told her that but not before she gave me heck about photographing her lighted snowman, from the sidewalk. Even then she wasn't happy.

You should have went back the next night and set it on fire, THEN she could have something to complain about and you could have had another interesting photo for your local news letter.

12-08-2014, 02:46 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unfortunately, the elderly are prone to dementia, paranoia, and anxiety.
12-08-2014, 03:14 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Unfortunately, the elderly are prone to dementia, paranoia, and anxiety.

Well.... I'm 69 years old and I don't think I suffer from anxiety.... YET! A grumpy old man? Yep, I'll fess up, but paranoid? Naw.... they know better than to come after me! Now, demented? Most definitely! Oh.... wait.... you said "dementia," right? Ain't that the same thing?

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA
12-08-2014, 03:56 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Being rude knows no age boundary. Good job on calling her out by waiting for the cop.
12-08-2014, 04:39 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OrangeKx Quote
Being rude knows no age boundary. Good job on calling her out by waiting for the cop.
Actually it does. The brain's chemistry is altered as we age. Also what frequently happens is as people grow old and frail they become obsessed with themselves and their wants, and their ability to articulate these things in a cogent and courteous manner erodes. I'm seeing this first hand with my MIL, and its not fun.

OTOH, maybe Dewman's "friend" is simply a b***h. Hopefully the policeman set her straight, and she doesn't have the neighborhood watch watching out for him
12-08-2014, 06:03 PM   #27
Veteran Member

I concur with this one. I don't know if it's his advanced age or the strokes he's had but my Dad acts like a cranky two year old some days. As far as I can tell there's no actual dementia going on. He's still pretty sharp mostly, but he has very little by way of impulse control these days. He gets mad at the drop of a hat and is downright rude more often than I care to see. I try to make him stop but his standard reply is "I'm f-in 89! If I can't be rude now when can I be? I'm entitled to be cranky d- it!" I just "That's all right, Dad. One more person will be tap dancing on your grave, that's all. No problem..." :P
12-08-2014, 06:16 PM   #28
Veteran Member

I just don't understand people's paranoia these days.

They seem to think that there's a paedophile under every rock, and a terrorist in every tree.

Everybody with a camera surely is scouting for terrorist right? I mean, surely they must be planning to use that sparrow as part of a plot, perhaps to train to poo on the president's car?

it's really over the top as far as I'm concerned. Even the train station here has removed EVERY rubbish bin because of "security"

Maybe the fear is more founded in the USA, since you guys have witnessed terrorist attacks first hand, but down here it just seems a bit over the top.
I mean, removing some rubbish bins? come on guys.
02-01-2015, 12:05 PM   #29
Pentaxian

that's too funny and good for you making a point!!! I do a lot of astrophotography on private property and always find the property owner and ask permission before any shoot......most are perplexed initially but after showing them a few pictures they (99% of the time) say yes!! and after receiving a print or 2 they mostly say 'you can come here anytime you want' which is awesome! however their neighbors do not always know this and I have had the police/sheriff dept called on me and it's typically funny yet frustrating because their lights mess up several shots or I have to discontinue shooting for 15-20 minutes but it is all part of the adventure and have met some really great folks along the way
02-01-2015, 12:38 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just as important in this story is the professional and correct actions of the policeman. Didn't jump to conclusions, didn't overreact, kept his cool, surveyed the situation, recognized that no crime was being committed, no public nuisance to straighten out, chatted in a friendly way with you to signal to you that he "got it", dealt with her appropriately. Would that all police and security personnel would use good judgment in sorting out when photography needs to be limited/stopped or left alone. I won't recount again on this site the story of a policeman who handled my photography correctly one time. We need to thank the officers and their chiefs for knowing the law and using good judgment. I hope you drop that officer a note thanking him--and perhaps also thanking his chief.