Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I should also add that when I carry my camera I use a wrist strap for safety, and when on a tripod the wrist strap is still attached to my camera & wrist while I hold the tripod with the same hand.

11-28-2014, 09:08 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have a small tripod. When I take my sling bag I can thread the adjustment handle through the shoulder strap. If I'm taking my Lowepro Micro Trekker backpack I use the tripod carrying straps at the bottom of the backpack. Very convenient!
11-28-2014, 11:15 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My tripod fits very nicely in a yoga mat bag when folded up. I don't honestly carry one very often. I don't like lugging them much, but when I do that's what I do.
11-28-2014, 11:59 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Try to use a monopod as much as possible but when I do take the tripod its in its own bag that accommodates it, its tools, head, and plates. It has shoulder straps and is padded. But I try to get away with the Versipod as much as possible.

11-29-2014, 09:43 AM   #20
Pentaxian

If I have to carry it any distance, I have a dog leash that I use as a strap for my tripod. I have a 3-way head on my tripod, so I just clip the leash to one of the handles and make a loop out of the other end, which I then put around the tripod legs. The leash was under $10.
11-29-2014, 03:47 PM   #21
Pentaxian

I use a long lens, sometimes with a tripod, sometimes with a monopod. I have a shoulder strap that attaches to the lens tripod base and a strap mount nearer the body. It hangs at waist level, and if the tripod is mounted it extends under my arm behind me. It works well, I can support the weight with my arm if desired and quickly set up to shoot. I have walked many miles with this setup.
11-29-2014, 04:07 PM   #22

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
My tripod came in a snazzy looking case and that is what I use.