Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
12-01-2014, 04:33 PM   #1

Lack of customer service- Pentax Store

I posted the following response to a new member when he had serious issues with Repair Service (Precision camera repair nightmare). Made me think of finally posting it here. I had been meaning to do so for quite some time. Wanted to see if anyone else had such bad experience with Official Store company that runs the site for Pentax. Below is my post: I own 5 Pentax cameras and, thank God, never have needed a repair. I do buy the extended warranty with every camera. I sure hope this is not what I will get if I need service. Camera companies, in the past, would give great service to professionals. Nowadays, we're all just consumers that can be manipulated by megalithic corporations with no soul - just a bottom line. And Ricoh is scurrying to stay afloat in a canikon universe. I did have a horrible experience buying a lens off the OFFICIAL website. I bought the 31 mm lens last Christmas and it had focus issues. Returned it - requested a refund from THE THIRD PARTY MORONS THAT RUN THE SITE FOR PENTAX SALES. They kept stalling me and making excuses. One idiot even said "well that's a lot of money you want back" !!!!! It is a dumbed down world, full of incompetents where no one can see the overall picture for achieving results in a big corporation. I FINALLY JUST CALLED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND THEY PROMPTLY GAVE ME MY MONEY BACK. Anyone else on the forum have any such bad experience with The Pentax Store???

12-01-2014, 05:01 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry you got the runaround for what should have been a simple return of defective merchandise.

I have often wondered why Ricoh (and Hoya before them) tolerates that poor excuse for an online store. I don't mind that they charge list price, but I think the least they could do is to carry the full line of available optional accessories for their cameras and present a first-class face to showcase Pentax and Ricoh product.

Steve
12-01-2014, 05:13 PM - 1 Like   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The web store is pretty annoying to deal with sometimes. I hope the get their act together.

They once cancelled an order of mine because they claimed I never replied to an order verification e-mail which I never received. After I called them to inquire about the status, the order was eventually fulfilled after a two-month backorder wait.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-01-2014, 05:20 PM - 1 Like   #4
Imp
Pentaxian

and now the webstore is pulling cyber monday sales at NOON

12-01-2014, 06:54 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They give Pentax a very bad name. I almost wonder if Pentax USA is aware of their terrible service.
12-01-2014, 07:23 PM - 1 Like   #6
Imp
Pentaxian

i don't know if ricoh usa is aware about anything... their main page still advertises rebates from August
12-01-2014, 07:37 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
i don't know if ricoh usa is aware about anything... their main page still advertises rebates from August
Not good. I seriously considered grabbing a Q7 for $199 this weekend from the Pentax web store, but I just can't patronize them. I can picture the email I would get: "Oh, the price was supposed to be $299. Do you still want it?" Or "This item is backordered...for three months."

Forgive my sarcasm.