Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 24 Likes Search this Thread
12-06-2014, 11:56 PM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

I hate to pile on here but my experience with Adorama has generally been good and from what I hear from others when things are not all the way right, they make it right. No organization is free of error, mistakes, or goofballs. As a company my experience with them has been good.

As for the OP, just changing your mind on a purchase as the reason for return... fine. If you went to a local Wal Mart or any other store and could return your items in person then by all means do so. But shipping something from point A to point B isn't free. If it was broken/damaged or messed up... fine... they can cover shipping... but in this case the OP's 'anger' is very misplaced.

12-06-2014, 11:57 PM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
The land of the free is the only place I know which has this incredible return because of change of mind facility.
Here in the real world a purchase is a contract: you pay money, you receive goods - if the goods are faulty you get to return it/replace it/have it made good. If the goods are not faulty and you change your mind, suck it up. If I was you I would be grateful to get the $476.

Truer words cannot be said more than these.
12-06-2014, 11:58 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
The land of the free is the only place I know which has this incredible return because of change of mind facility.
Here in the real world a purchase is a contract: you pay money, you receive goods - if the goods are faulty you get to return it/replace it/have it made good. If the goods are not faulty and you change your mind, suck it up. If I was you I would be grateful to get the $476.
You have made your points quite clear. I have requested a closing of this thread, I don't think a 10 page thread of the same repeated chant saying I'm a "whining, complaining, delusional, spoiled idiot" is needed on this forum.

I simply posted a complaint due to my own experiences with other companies in the past, no more, no less. Maybe I have been lucky in the past, I'm not sure, but I think this thread is done now.
12-07-2014, 12:13 AM - 1 Like   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's truly a shame that this thread even stays up at all. Maybe you could request that it be deleted.
Adorama doesn't deserve the attack.

12-07-2014, 12:33 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
It's truly a shame that this thread even stays up at all. Maybe you could request that it be deleted.
Adorama doesn't deserve the attack.
You're right, they don't, at least not in this case. I'm just having a bad week.
12-07-2014, 12:58 AM - 1 Like   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I hope your weekend does go better for you.
I was also thinking about you. If you decide to use the marketplace in the future, you may want your postings to reflect positive experiences as both a buyer and/or seller.

I know money problems are difficult and frustrating, as are car repairs. It's probably happened to all of us. And no one wants any issues at all around Thanksgiving and Christmas. Best wishes for better days ahead. Take care.
12-07-2014, 01:02 AM   #22

From what I'm reading here, the company is better of without you as a customer. So everyone is happy.
J

12-07-2014, 01:03 AM - 2 Likes   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
I had bought a k-5 IIs that I had to promptly return due to unforeseen expenses with my car. Not only did I have to pay the return shipping (which they required to be insured) they deducted the shipping price of the FREE shipping so instead of getting my full 500 dollars back I get 476 dollars back.

I would never, ever do business with this company again.

Rediculous.
So you would like them to pay your postage and pass that cost on to other users ?
12-07-2014, 02:22 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm actually surprised over how liberal electronics stores are when it comes to returns due to change of mind. I read about people buying two or three different lenses at a time only to send back the two the liked the least. What I wonder is where all of the opened boxes go? I don't see as many "opened box" for sale. I can't remember if I've ever returned an item without anything being wrong with it, but I doubt it.
12-07-2014, 02:32 AM - 1 Like   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
You're right, they don't, at least not in this case. I'm just having a bad week.
We all do sometimes. I hope that the next week will be so much better for you!

All's well that ends well.
12-07-2014, 03:47 AM   #26
Adorama Camera Representative

Return Policy
Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from the refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.

Refund Policy
Please allow 8 business days from when we receive your return to process your refund. You will be notified by email once your return is processed. Adorama reserves the right to refuse return, refund and/or charge a restocking fee for any product that doesn’t comply with the above mentioned requirements.

---------- Post added 12-07-14 at 05:48 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
I'm actually surprised over how liberal electronics stores are when it comes to returns due to change of mind. I read about people buying two or three different lenses at a time only to send back the two the liked the least. What I wonder is where all of the opened boxes go? I don't see as many "opened box" for sale. I can't remember if I've ever returned an item without anything being wrong with it, but I doubt it.
Here you go: All returns to Adorama, (or items that have been opened in store) that we can't sell as new

Buy or Learn at Adorama
12-07-2014, 03:53 AM - 1 Like   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Helen, I can't believe how generous your return policy is. (Well, I guess I can believe it because it's true, but you know what I mean.)
And how anyone can complain, is beyond me.
I can't deal with you because of postage and warranty issues, but if I lived in the land of the free, I would be yours!
12-07-2014, 04:12 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
Here you go: All returns to Adorama, (or items that have been opened in store) that we can't sell as new

Buy or Learn at Adorama
I know that you sell a lot of open boxes. What I meant was all the stores that don't, but still have a generous return policy.

Well, that can explain stuff like the first "new" DA*300/4 that I got from Amazon that had a scuff mark on the rear element, loads of dust, was wrongly packaged and covered with greasy fingerprints on the barrel and on the front element.
12-07-2014, 05:03 AM   #29
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for all the posts so far. And to Helen for explaining Adorama's returns policy. This thread will now be closed but left available such that we can all learn something from it.
Closed Thread