Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
02-17-2015, 06:12 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by choong_dc Quote
Well yes one could use it that way... but when it comes to using a samyang 10mm f2.8 with the magnifier... i still get an actual 10mm... but i guess i am pushing it... I mean if Ricoh can make a x1.4 modifier, couldn't they make a x0.7 modifier? Quick way of solving the "when is pentax going to make a FF"... just a thought....
It wouldn't be quicker and it wouldn't be better than a FF at this point.

---------- Post added 02-17-15 at 05:14 PM ----------

well if they make such kind of modifier, i would not want a FF DSLR by pentax.... cause i will be able to use those DA lenses that i adore SO much and make them into FF lenses... and if I were to use the FA princess, I am sure by only using the centre of the lens [due to apsc crop factor] which has highest mtf couple with the modifier- INCREASE PICTURE QUALITY. It would solve most of the "I am going to jump ship cause pentax aint got no FF DSLR"... one more thing though, they gotta have radio frequency TTL on flash built in... I am really pushing it lol!
If you want to use DA lenses on FF, you need a teleconverter, not a reducer. The 1.4x TC would make almost any lens it can fit onto into a FF lens, presuming Pentax didn't shroud it in some weird way.

02-17-2015, 08:55 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
it would be nice of they if they could re-make the 1.7 AF teleconverter in some form.
02-20-2015, 03:33 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
it would be nice of they if they could re-make the 1.7 AF teleconverter in some form.
What features are missing on the current one? The attraction for the AF adapter is providing semi-auto focus for manual lenses. It would be nice if it passed through the lens and aperture info like the new HD 1.4x RC but since those lenses are manual that info may not be available anyway.

New coatings perhaps?
02-20-2015, 03:47 PM   #19

as i said a 0.66X AF Adapter (and not a 1.7 teleconverter)

02-21-2015, 10:57 AM   #20
Veteran Member

A native Pentax (PK to PK) ZhongYi LensTurbo/ Metabones SpeedBooster type focal reducer would be cool. Turn my 85mm f1.4 SamYang into a defacto 55mm f1.0

But if it was practical to do, it would probably already be available on eBay.
02-21-2015, 11:16 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi guys,

Why can't someone just make a magnifier like what metabone/speedbooster did, only its for pk to pk mount.... then all the APSC like K3 can use all the DA lenses as though they are 35mm ..
Am i talking sense? Maybe I am day dreaming...
You are not making sense. Stop listening to the "crop-factor" people and just use your lenses in their existing focal lengths.